Old 04-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Mel Chua

Default Press Kit-Allegheny College

On 04/20/2010 06:31 PM, Sahar Arbab wrote:
> Hello Mel,
> I'm working on the press kit and I have a few questions.
> We were told one of the things we could do to help would be taking
> screen shots.So, we have been taking scrren shots of the instalment
> process. Where should we put these pictures once we are done. Also, what
> kind of text/description should we give with these images. Furthermore,
> we are at aa little bit of a loss at to what else we should do. Do you
> have any suggestions or other people we could contact?
> Thanks,
> Sahar

Find me on IRC tomorrow during class and we'll talk. Henrik (cc'd) is
'wonderer' on IRC and has been doing a lot of press kit stuff recently -
he'd be another good person to talk with.

Finally, I'm forwarding your question to the mailing list - always feel
free to ask questions on-list, because there are a larger number of
people who may be able to help.

In answer to your questions, hosting the images on the wiki would be a
good place to start. Here's how.

1. If you don't already have a FAS account, create one -
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts.

2. The username/password you just made will allow you to edit pages on
the wiki; you can log in at
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin (or the
"log in" tab at the top right of any wiki page on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki). If you're new to wikis, read
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wiki. Matt and Darren or one of your
classmates can also help you get familiar with wiki editing; in-person
help is probably the fastest/easiest way.

3. The left sidebar of the wiki has a menu item called "Upload File." It
is at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Upload and I think the file
upload dialog there is pretty self-explanatory. If it isn't, holler.

4. Poof! Your files are uploaded.

Hope this helps - I'll see you on IRC tomorrow. I don't know your IRC
nick, so you'll have to give me a ping - I'm mchua. There will also be
others around who may be able to help out.

--Mel