Old 04-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Kara Schiltz

Default Fedora taps Zarafa open source groupware for 13

ZDNet
4.19.10

Fedora taps Zarafa open source groupware for 13
By Paula Rooney

Fedora’s selection of Zarafa as an open source groupware component in
Fedora 13 is very interesting.

The beta of Fedora 13, code named “Goddard,” was made available on April
13. The final version is expected in mid May.

Red Hat sponsors the open source Linux project and has toyed with the
idea of integrating email and calendaring capabilities into its Linux
stack from time to time. Novell, of course, promotes its own GroupWise
but also endorses other open source offerings for its Linux distribution.

Full post:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=6298

Old 04-20-2010, 02:22 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 04:23:29PM -0400, Kara Schiltz wrote:
> ZDNet
> 4.19.10
>
> Fedora taps Zarafa open source groupware for 13
> By Paula Rooney
>
> Fedora’s selection of Zarafa as an open source groupware component in
> Fedora 13 is very interesting.
>
> The beta of Fedora 13, code named “Goddard,” was made available on April
> 13. The final version is expected in mid May.
>
> Red Hat sponsors the open source Linux project and has toyed with the
> idea of integrating email and calendaring capabilities into its Linux
> stack from time to time. Novell, of course, promotes its own GroupWise
> but also endorses other open source offerings for its Linux distribution.
>
> Full post:
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=6298

Looks like the journalist kindly made some edits to the story headline
and content, based on the correction I sent in. Thanks to the
Marketing team members who gave the heads-up about this yesterday, so
we could get a change in quickly!

Old 04-21-2010, 06:20 AM
Rahul Sundaram

?On 04/20/2010 07:52 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Looks like the journalist kindly made some edits to the story headline
> and content, based on the correction I sent in. Thanks to the
> Marketing team members who gave the heads-up about this yesterday, so
> we could get a change in quickly!

I send in a note to the author in private earlier. The more
interesting question would be, how do we make the general press aware
of the Fedora process so that they don't equate everything that happens
in the Fedora world as a Red Hat initiative? How do we explain the
story behind the features instead of just the technical details as
covered in the feature list?

Rahul

Old 04-21-2010, 01:58 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:50:20AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> ?On 04/20/2010 07:52 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >
> > Looks like the journalist kindly made some edits to the story headline
> > and content, based on the correction I sent in. Thanks to the
> > Marketing team members who gave the heads-up about this yesterday, so
> > we could get a change in quickly!
> >

> I send in a note to the author in private earlier. The more
> interesting question would be, how do we make the general press aware
> of the Fedora process so that they don't equate everything that happens
> in the Fedora world as a Red Hat initiative? How do we explain the
> story behind the features instead of just the technical details as
> covered in the feature list?

I think there's a separate thread about this happening on the list
already, about profiling our feature process. Then we could link to
that prominently from (a) every feature page, and (b) the talking
points. We could employ a template to make this dead-simple so that
devs wouldn't have to remember to do it manually.