Old 04-16-2010, 02:22 AM
Mel Chua

Default Fun featu etherpad playback

Mostly for the amusement of folks who haven't seen this before -
etherpad (the collaborative text editor we used for sprinting on
marketing deliverables with groups of Allegheny students today[0]) has a
playback feature.

For instance, frantic video from the one-page release notes sprint today
can be seen at
http://typewith.me/ep/pad/view/one-page-release-notes/latest. Shiny!

--Mel

[0] I would love to see a Fedora instance of this service up, actually.
I know it doesn't scale as well as Gobby, but the barrier-to-entry for
usage is significantly lower. I'm also pretty sure the packaging would
be... entertaining.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Mario Torre

Il giorno gio, 15/04/2010 alle 22.22 -0400, Mel Chua ha scritto:

> For instance, frantic video from the one-page release notes sprint today
> can be seen at
> http://typewith.me/ep/pad/view/one-page-release-notes/latest. Shiny!
>
> --Mel

Wow, this is really cool.

Mario
--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/

Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/

Please, support open standards:
http://endsoftpatents.org/

Old 04-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Matthew Jadud

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 07:40, Mario Torre <neugens@limasoftware.net> wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 15/04/2010 alle 22.22 -0400, Mel Chua ha scritto:
>
>> For instance, frantic video from the one-page release notes sprint today
>> can be seen at
>> http://typewith.me/ep/pad/view/one-page-release-notes/latest. Shiny!
>>
>> --Mel
>
> Wow, this is really cool.

Let me echo that: awesome.

I'll have a screencast reflection up about this tomorrow (I hope).
That is, I just captured an actual video of the textual revision
replay, and will add some commentary/overlay, which I'll post online.
What I think was absolutely awesome about this was... well, there are
lots of things.

It's a blast being able to see the process; thank you for pointing that out.

Cheers,
Matt

Old 04-17-2010, 12:58 PM
"Jan Wildeboer"

Gource for commit mails falls in the same category called awesome.

Check some movies on youtube made with gource ...

Jan