Old 04-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Linux Foundation MeeGo partners: Fedora MIA

Hi,

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/node/6145

Linux Foundation has recently announced a long list of distributions as
partners to boost their MeeGo effort. Fedora (and Ubuntu) is not in
that list. Any idea, why? We have folks like Peter Robinson and others
very engaged in this sub community of netbook development and "Fedora
Mini" stuff.

Rahul

Old 04-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Peter Robinson

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/node/6145
>
> Linux Foundation has recently announced a long list of distributions as
> partners to boost their MeeGo effort. *Fedora (and Ubuntu) is not in
> that list. *Any idea, why? *We have folks like Peter Robinson and others
> very engaged in this sub community of netbook development and "Fedora
> Mini" stuff.

I presume that we would have to communicate with them and come to some
form of agreement. I'm not sure what that curtails and I would assume
it would need both board and legal assistance. I'm prepared to assist
from the technical side of things but I have no idea about the rest of
the requirements.

Peter

Old 04-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 04/15/2010 01:56 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> I presume that we would have to communicate with them and come to some
> form of agreement. I'm not sure what that curtails and I would assume
> it would need both board and legal assistance. I'm prepared to assist
> from the technical side of things but I have no idea about the rest of
> the requirements.

Would you followup on the Fedora Advisory Board on this topic? If there
is something we can do to drive the process forward, we definitely
should not miss out on that. We have a better opportunity to
participate now that Meego has switched to a RPM base.

Rahul

Old 04-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Peter Robinson

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/15/2010 01:56 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> I presume that we would have to communicate with them and come to some
>> form of agreement. I'm not sure what that curtails and I would assume
>> it would need both board and legal assistance. I'm prepared to assist
>> from the technical side of things but I have no idea about the rest of
>> the requirements.
>
> Would you followup on the Fedora Advisory Board on this topic? *If there
> is something we can do to drive the process forward, we definitely
> should not miss out on that. *We have a better opportunity to
> participate now that Meego has switched to a RPM base.

Absolutely. Is there a procedure on the wiki for this, or is it just
an email to the fab mailing list?

Pete

Old 04-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 04/15/2010 02:06 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:

> Absolutely. Is there a procedure on the wiki for this, or is it just
> an email to the fab mailing list?

No procedure. Just drop a email. .

Rahul

Old 04-15-2010, 03:18 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 02:09:05PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 04/15/2010 02:06 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> >
> > Absolutely. Is there a procedure on the wiki for this, or is it just
> > an email to the fab mailing list?
>
> No procedure. Just drop a email. .

Topic is up on FAB, and I answered here:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/advisory-board/2010-April/008291.html

Further discussion can happen on FAB as we go.