Old 04-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Kara Schiltz

Default Fedora 13 "Goddard" Beta Emphasizes Automation

eWeek/DesktopLinux.com
4.14.10

Fedora 13 "Goddard" Beta Emphasizes Automation
By Eric Brown

The Fedora project released a beta version of Fedora 13 (codenamed
"Goddard"). The updated community Linux distribution
<http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS5419916040.html#> is touted for
features including automatic print-driver installation, the Btrfs
filesystem, enhanced 3D
<http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS5419916040.html#> driver support,
revamped Python bindings, and the Zarafa groupware package, says the
project.

Full post:

Old 04-15-2010, 01:41 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 04/15/2010 03:01 AM, Kara Schiltz wrote:
> eWeek/DesktopLinux.com
> 4.14.10
>
> Fedora 13 "Goddard" Beta Emphasizes Automation
> By Eric Brown
>
> The Fedora project released a beta version of Fedora 13 (codenamed
> "Goddard"). The updated community Linux distribution
> <http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS5419916040.html#> is touted for
> features including automatic print-driver installation, the Btrfs
> filesystem, enhanced 3D
> <http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS5419916040.html#> driver support,
> revamped Python bindings, and the Zarafa groupware package, says the
> project.
>
> Full post:
> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS5419916040.html

I like their description of Fedora

"As we reported last month when the Fedora 13 alpha was released, the
Fedora project has focused considerable attention on automating commonly
used functions for greater ease of use. The latest release of this
traditionally techie-focused cutting-edge, community-driven upstream
contributor to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) is named after rocket
scientist Robert Goddard. Expected to ship in final form in May, Fedora
13 follows the final release of Fedora 12 in November. "

Not sure we are techie-focused but this is better than the descriptions
from the past.

Rahul