Old 04-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Robyn Bergeron

Default Alpha --> Beta logo on http://fedoraproject.org/get-prerelease

Can we swap out the Alpha banner for the Beta banner? Just thinking it
would be awesome to not confuse people....

(I'm assuming the beta banner on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_Artwork is finalized?)

-Robyn

Old 04-13-2010, 07:39 PM
"Neville A. Cross"

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Robyn Bergeron
<robyn.bergeron@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we swap out the Alpha banner for the Beta banner? Just thinking it
> would be awesome to not confuse people....
>
> (I'm assuming the beta banner on
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_Artwork is finalized?)

I was brushing my teeth this morning, and I got an idea.
What about creating a WordPress widget that shows the banner for our
current release and a banner for the next release (alfa or beta). If
not the second banner can show something like "join fedora". So we
take off the work for people updating banners and links for each
release... including alfa, beta and general availability.
I mention this because I was looking for a banner of fedora beta for
my blog, which is a similar task about updating banner for other
sites.
The only draw back of my idea is that I can not create such widget

Best regards

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217

Old 04-14-2010, 02:42 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 12:10:16PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> Can we swap out the Alpha banner for the Beta banner? Just thinking it
> would be awesome to not confuse people....
>
> (I'm assuming the beta banner on
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_Artwork is finalized?)

I think this is done -- do a refresh on your page to see the banner
change. (Shift+Ctrl+R in Firefox, check your browser for a Reload or
Refresh option if you're using something else.)

Old 04-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Robyn Bergeron

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 12:10:16PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>> Can we swap out the Alpha banner for the Beta banner? Just thinking it
>> would be awesome to not confuse people....
>>
>> (I'm assuming the beta banner on
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_Artwork is finalized?)
>
> I think this is done -- do a refresh on your page to see the banner
> change. *(Shift+Ctrl+R in Firefox, check your browser for a Reload or
> Refresh option if you're using something else.)

Indeedy - I wonder if this had been done already and I just needed to
refresh it anyhow...