Old 04-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Nelson Marques

Default Interview with Dan Williams

Hey,

I've mailed now my interview to Dan Williams. Once I get the reply I'll
be needing 24 hours most to write the article.

Regarding to this, something else came into my mind. Would it be
welcome if we prepared a new category on our wiki to group all this
interviews being done?
Something in the scope of "Meet fedora contributors" > pointer.

At some point gathering all interviews in single webpages indexed by
the people who gave the interview and possibily establishing a timeline
based on the release ?

Other thing, I've swapped the orientation of the interview I've sent to
Dan in order to get a more human approach and provide a different kind
of content (will try to promote actually people joining to Fedora as
developers).

I'll be giving new soons, hopefully by the end of the week this should
be accomplished. I'm also considering sending a small interview to
people behind KNetworkManager as it's also important. Most likely also
covering nm-applet.

nelson

--
Nelson Marques
PGP Fingerprint: 53E1 731B 85A4 A098 8382 8CFF 1AC7 AF01 7717 8063

Old 04-14-2010, 02:31 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 04:54:12PM +0100, Nelson Marques wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I've mailed now my interview to Dan Williams. Once I get the reply I'll
> be needing 24 hours most to write the article.
>
> Regarding to this, something else came into my mind. Would it be
> welcome if we prepared a new category on our wiki to group all this
> interviews being done?
> Something in the scope of "Meet fedora contributors" > pointer.

[[Category:People]] seems like a good general choice for this.

> At some point gathering all interviews in single webpages indexed by
> the people who gave the interview and possibily establishing a timeline
> based on the release ?

Sure!

> Other thing, I've swapped the orientation of the interview I've sent to
> Dan in order to get a more human approach and provide a different kind
> of content (will try to promote actually people joining to Fedora as
> developers).
>
> I'll be giving new soons, hopefully by the end of the week this should
> be accomplished. I'm also considering sending a small interview to
> people behind KNetworkManager as it's also important. Most likely also
> covering nm-applet.

Excellent, nm-applet is a fundamental part of NetworkManager that many
people don't know got its start in Fedora along with lots of other
important desktop functions.