Old 04-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Adam Williamson

Default Promoting Graphics Test Week

Hey, marketing peeps - I finally subscribed to this list

I'm trying to get some noise generated around Graphics Test Week this
week. See my blog post here:

http://www.happyassassin.net/2010/04/11/graphics-test-week-coming-up-april-13th-to-15th/

I posted an announcement using much the same text on the forums:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1350002

I've written up a different announcement text and sent it to several
general news sites. I've sent it to osnews, linuxtoday, lwn, lxer,
tuxmachines and slashdot. Any help you can give in spreading the word
further - via other news sites you know, community sites, IRC, your
blogs etc would be great. I'm including the announcement text below for
you to use. Feel free to trim it down a bit for sites that appreciate
shorter texts. Thanks, everyone!

------------------

Fedora presents...Graphics Test Week this week

The Fedora project announces that this week is Graphics Test Week. This
is the highlight of the Fedora 13 Test Day cycle, with Test Days for
NVIDIA, ATI/AMD and Intel graphics all falling this week. Tuesday April
13th is <a
href="https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-04-13_Nouveau">NVIDIA
Test Day</a>, Wednesday April 14th is <a
href="https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-04-14_Radeon">ATI/AMD
Test Day</a>, and Thursday April 15th is <a
href="https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-04-15_Intel">Intel
graphics Test Day</a>. Although these are Fedora events, the results
will ultimately benefit almost all distributons: Fedora tends to use the
latest versions of graphics-related components and sends all its changes
upstream, so the fixes that result from these events will end up in all
major distributions. Even if you're not a Fedora user, you can help
Linux as a whole by contributing your test results. The testing can be
done using a live image, so there's no need to install Fedora onto your
system to contribute to the testing: just download a live image, write
it to a CD or USB stick, boot it, and run through the tests.
Comprehensive test instructions are available on the Wiki pages, and you
enter your results into a table on the Wiki page; there's no need to
have a Fedora wiki account to do this. QA team members and developers
will be available on the IRC channels throughout each event to help with
testing and triage, and to work on some of the problems immediately. The
more results we get and the more bugs we expose, the better it is for
everyone, so if you have time, please check out the Wiki pages and join
the IRC channel - #fedora-test-day on the Freenode network - to help
out! You can use <a
href="http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=fedora-test-day">WebIRC</a>
if you're not a regular IRC user - just click that link and you're in
the chat.

-------------------

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 04-13-2010, 07:18 AM
Gianluca Sforna

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com> wrote:
> I've written up a different announcement text and sent it to several
> general news sites. I've sent it to osnews, linuxtoday, lwn, lxer,
> tuxmachines and slashdot. Any help you can give in spreading the word
> further - via other news sites you know, community sites, IRC, your
> blogs etc would be great. I'm including the announcement text below for
> you to use. Feel free to trim it down a bit for sites that appreciate
> shorter texts. Thanks, everyone!

I sent it to the users list.
thanks Adam

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gianlucasforna

Old 04-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 04/13/2010 01:27 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hey, marketing peeps - I finally subscribed to this list
>
> I'm trying to get some noise generated around Graphics Test Week this
> week. See my blog post here:
>
> http://www.happyassassin.net/2010/04/11/graphics-test-week-coming-up-april-13th-to-15th/
>
> I posted an announcement using much the same text on the forums:
>
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1350002
>
> I've written up a different announcement text and sent it to several
> general news sites. I've sent it to osnews, linuxtoday, lwn, lxer,
> tuxmachines and slashdot. Any help you can give in spreading the word
> further - via other news sites you know, community sites, IRC, your
> blogs etc would be great. I'm including the announcement text below for
> you to use. Feel free to trim it down a bit for sites that appreciate
> shorter texts. Thanks, everyone!

Phoronix : http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODE0NQ

LWN: http://lwn.net/Articles/383156/

I have submitted it to osnews and twittered/dented about it as well.

Rahul

Old 04-13-2010, 07:46 AM
Adam Williamson

> On 04/13/2010 01:27 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Hey, marketing peeps - I finally subscribed to this list
> >
> > I'm trying to get some noise generated around Graphics Test Week this
> > week. See my blog post here:
> >
> > http://www.happyassassin.net/2010/04/11/graphics-test-week-coming-up-april-13th-to-15th/
> >
> > I posted an announcement using much the same text on the forums:
> >
> > http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1350002
> >
> > I've written up a different announcement text and sent it to several
> > general news sites. I've sent it to osnews, linuxtoday, lwn, lxer,
> > tuxmachines and slashdot. Any help you can give in spreading the word
> > further - via other news sites you know, community sites, IRC, your
> > blogs etc would be great. I'm including the announcement text below for
> > you to use. Feel free to trim it down a bit for sites that appreciate
> > shorter texts. Thanks, everyone!
> >

> Phoronix : http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODE0NQ

Yeah, I sent it to Phoronix shortly after sending the above mail.

> LWN: http://lwn.net/Articles/383156/

That was in my list above.

> I have submitted it to osnews and twittered/dented about it as well.

OS News was in my list But thanks.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey