Old 04-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Mel Chua

Default One page release notes sprint?

Hi - you're getting this email because you're either (1) on the
Marketing list, (2) listed on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Allegheny_Activism:_Team_Assignments as
working on one-page release notes, or (3) a professor for the class.

The release is coming up soon, and we'd like to get the one page release
notes done in first-draft form ASAP. We'd like to schedule one or more
sprints in order to do this; sprints are when we get together online and
plunge into Making Something together. In this case, I think etherpad
(via http://piratepad.net/) makes sense as a collaboration medium.

Fill in your schedule availability on http://whenisgood.net/adan9w (it
literally takes 45 seconds; I timed myself) and see the results at
http://whenisgood.net/adan9w/results/ghwnx9. I'm watching results and
will shout out sprint times *I'll* be online for to the list (my minimum
criteria: myself + one other non-Allegheny Fedora community member + one
Allegheny student in attendance) - others are free to propose their own
(in other words, you can totally sprint without me.

The way I see this working is that the Allegheny students will largely
be writing the one page release notes deliverable, and the non-Allegheny
Fedora folks will be answering questions and throwing notes on *how* to
make one page release notes into
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/One_page_release_notes_SOP for later
cleanup by the Alleghenians - but there'll probably be plenty of
crossover between the two.

--Mel

PS: Future emails about this will go only to the Marketing list, so if
you're not on the list already, please join; the page to do so is at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing, and you can
ask your professors in class tomorrow if you need help doing that.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Matthew Jadud

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 09:09, Mel Chua <mel@redhat.com> wrote:
> The way I see this working is that the Allegheny students will largely be
> writing the one page release notes deliverable, and the non-Allegheny Fedora
> folks will be answering questions and throwing notes on *how* to make one
> page release notes into

However it works out, I think the important thing is for the Allegheny
team to be *engaging*. We're not grading the deliverable itself, so
there's no concern about how the collaboration happens. That is, if
you're diving in and helping write these deliverables, that's awesome.

I will try and make the sprint as well (or perhaps Darren can), but
make no promises.

> PS: Future emails about this will go only to the Marketing list, so if
> you're not on the list already, please join; the page to do so is at
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing, and you can ask
> your professors in class tomorrow if you need help doing that.

I just joined. It took 30 seconds.

Thanks again to fedora-mktg!

Cheers,
Matt