Old 04-08-2010, 07:59 PM
wonderer

Default Gerold (EMEA) and other Ambassadors - Elevator speech/pitch

Am 08.04.2010 22:50, schrieb Nelson Marques:
> Dear Ambassadors,

Thats right Marketing people are also Fedoraproject Ambassadors. Thanks.
> For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevator_speech
>
> If you believe that Ambassadors could use a small flyer (front/back
> pages, 1 sheet, unknown format, maybe A4 foldable in 2 or 3?) for mass
> deployment on field in events with a short objective message ("elevator
> speech").
>
> I'm making myself available to develop such for you if you can provide
> some feedback based on your experiences with your local audiences. If
> the Ambassadors want to set a meeting in IRC for discussing this and how
> it could help you, please feel free to use this thread for such.

We have something for that prepared already and it can be found at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_Fedora_flyer .
If you like you can look over it and make e.g. an updated version or a
special one for F13.

It also depends on the event and the visitors if such flyers are usable.
In most cases it is good to have a bunch of those in the eventbox.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer@fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6 3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0

Old 04-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Nelson Marques

Dear Ambassadors,

For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevator_speech

If you believe that Ambassadors could use a small flyer (front/back
pages, 1 sheet, unknown format, maybe A4 foldable in 2 or 3?) for mass
deployment on field in events with a short objective message ("elevator
speech").

I'm making myself available to develop such for you if you can provide
some feedback based on your experiences with your local audiences. If
the Ambassadors want to set a meeting in IRC for discussing this and how
it could help you, please feel free to use this thread for such.

I'm also leaving a word (since I'm not an artist) to any artist reading
this that wants to volunteer for such project, will be most welcome.
Together (Marketing, Art Designers and Ambassadors) we can probably
develop a flyer directed for general audiences for this purpose.

Personal Note: This shouldn't be confused neither compared to one page
release notes, as I believe we're trying to get different goals and
using different methods.

nelson

--
Nelson Marques
PGP Fingerprint: 53E1 731B 85A4 A098 8382 8CFF 1AC7 AF01 7717 8063

Old 04-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Nelson Marques

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 21:59 +0200, wonderer wrote:
> Am 08.04.2010 22:50, schrieb Nelson Marques:
> > Dear Ambassadors,
> >
> Thats right Marketing people are also Fedoraproject Ambassadors. Thanks.
> > For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevator_speech
> >
> > If you believe that Ambassadors could use a small flyer (front/back
> > pages, 1 sheet, unknown format, maybe A4 foldable in 2 or 3?) for mass
> > deployment on field in events with a short objective message ("elevator
> > speech").
> >
> > I'm making myself available to develop such for you if you can provide
> > some feedback based on your experiences with your local audiences. If
> > the Ambassadors want to set a meeting in IRC for discussing this and how
> > it could help you, please feel free to use this thread for such.
> >
> We have something for that prepared already and it can be found at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_Fedora_flyer .
> If you like you can look over it and make e.g. an updated version or a
> special one for F13.

There's a pt_PT translation there from me. That's not exactly in the
scope of what I proposed here.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:38 AM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 09:50:43PM +0100, Nelson Marques wrote:

> Dear Ambassadors,
>
> For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevator_speech
>
> If you believe that Ambassadors could use a small flyer (front/back
> pages, 1 sheet, unknown format, maybe A4 foldable in 2 or 3?) for mass
> deployment on field in events with a short objective message ("elevator
> speech").
>
> I'm making myself available to develop such for you if you can provide
> some feedback based on your experiences with your local audiences. If
> the Ambassadors want to set a meeting in IRC for discussing this and how
> it could help you, please feel free to use this thread for such.
>
> I'm also leaving a word (since I'm not an artist) to any artist reading
> this that wants to volunteer for such project, will be most welcome.
> Together (Marketing, Art Designers and Ambassadors) we can probably
> develop a flyer directed for general audiences for this purpose.
>
> Personal Note: This shouldn't be confused neither compared to one page
> release notes, as I believe we're trying to get different goals and
> using different methods.

Have you already seen this?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elevator_pitch

The 60-second version could use some work, please feel free to pitch
in!