Old 04-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Hannah Kowen

Default Btrfs feature profile

Dear Chris and Josef,

My name is Hannah Kowen and I am a student at Allegheny College working with the Fedora 13 release. I am interested in working on the Btrfs feature profile.

David- I saw that you started to work on the Btrfs feature profile, and if there is anything specific you'd like me to start working on, please let me know.

*Regarding the interview:
* Can be done by IRC, email, video conference, voice. Feel free to choose the method that better suits you.
* The interview wouldn't be that long, just long enough for me to get a feel of how Btrfs works (and for someone without very much technical expertise.)

Thank you for your time.
Hannah Kowen

Old 04-08-2010, 06:59 PM
David Nalley

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Hannah Kowen <kowenh@allegheny.edu> wrote:
> Dear Chris and Josef,
>
> My name is Hannah Kowen and I am a student at Allegheny College working with
> the Fedora 13 release. I am interested in working on the Btrfs feature
> profile.
>

> David- I saw that you started to work on the Btrfs feature profile, and if
> there is anything specific you'd like me to start working on, please let me
> know.
>
> *Regarding the interview:
> * Can be done by IRC, email, video conference, voice. Feel free to choose
> the method that better suits you.
> * The interview wouldn't be that long, just long enough for me to get a
> feel of how Btrfs works (and for someone without very much technical
> expertise.)
>
> Thank you for your time.
> Hannah Kowen

Hi Hannah:

Nice to see you jumping in.

Here are my thoughts on the matter - though it sounds like you'll be
doing the work, so feel free to ignore me. (Those doing the work get
to make the decisions )

I personally would like to see an audio interview of Chris or Josef
and have him explain what btrfs is, and specifically what this feature
means. Sadly, I am a poor person to do this as I have a decent
understanding of btrfs, and having managed large network storage,
snapshots aren't foreign to me either. That means I am probably a poor
choice for eliciting the information that a non-technical end user
would need to know to understand this feature, and how it benefits
them. That of course makes it IDEAL for you.
Once you have the audio interview, I'd like to see if we can get it
transcribed to text as well.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:24 AM
Mel Chua

> I personally would like to see an audio interview of Chris or Josef
> and have him explain what btrfs is, and specifically what this feature
> means.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_make_a_podcast may be helpful.

--Mel

Old 04-14-2010, 01:16 AM
Hannah Kowen

Hello everyone,

The best time for an interview is Thursday between 11am and 12pm Eastern time or next Tuesday April 20 at the same time can work as well. *Which ever medium of interview is most*convenient*for both Chris and Josef is fine with me, please just let me know. *And if neither of those times work, we can set up another time.

I'm excited to learn more about Btrfs and thanks for your time.
-Hannah Kowen

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Josef Bacik <josef@redhat.com> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 02:29:49PM -0430, David Nalley wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Hannah Kowen <kowenh@allegheny.edu> wrote:

> > Dear Chris and Josef,

> > My name is Hannah Kowen and I am a student at Allegheny College working with

> > the Fedora 13 release. I am interested in working on the Btrfs feature

> > profile.

> > David- I saw that you started to work on the Btrfs feature profile, *and if

> > there is anything specific you'd like me to start working on, please let me

> > know.

> > *Regarding the interview:

> > ** Can be done by IRC, email, video conference, voice. Feel free to choose

> > the method that better suits you.

> > ** The interview wouldn't be that long, just long enough for me to get a

> > feel of how Btrfs works (and for someone without very much technical

> > expertise.)

> > Thank you for your time.

> > Hannah Kowen

> > --

> Hi Hannah:

> Nice to see you jumping in.

> Here are my thoughts on the matter - though it sounds like you'll be

> doing the work, so feel free to ignore me. (Those doing the work get

> to make the decisions )

> I personally would like to see an audio interview of Chris or Josef

> and have him explain what btrfs is, and specifically what this feature

> means. Sadly, I am a poor person to do this as I have a decent

> understanding of btrfs, and having managed large network storage,

> snapshots aren't foreign to me either. That means I am probably a poor

> choice for eliciting the information that a non-technical end user

> would need to know to understand this feature, and how it benefits

> them. That of course makes it IDEAL for you.

> Once you have the audio interview, I'd like to see if we can get it

> transcribed to text as well.

Sorry I forgot about this email. *I can do whatever you want, IRC and email

obviously work better, but I can do a voice thing as well if needed. *Just let

me know when/where/how you want to do the interview and I will show up. *Thanks,

Josef

Old 04-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Hannah Kowen

Excellent. Tuesday at 11am it is then.* I guess IRC would work best, but if you still want to do an audio interview, that can work too. Thanks, Hannah

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Josef Bacik <josef@redhat.com> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 09:16:08PM -0400, Hannah Kowen wrote:

> Hello everyone,

> The best time for an interview is Thursday between 11am and 12pm Eastern

> time or next Tuesday April 20 at the same time can work as well. *Which ever

> medium of interview is most convenient for both Chris and Josef is fine with

> me, please just let me know. *And if neither of those times work, we can set

> up another time.

> I'm excited to learn more about Btrfs and thanks for your time.

Heh sorry, got distracted again. *Obviously today is out, but next Tuesday works

for me whenever. *Thanks,

Josef

Old 04-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Mel Chua

On 04/19/2010 10:14 AM, Josef Bacik wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:07:23AM -0400, Hannah Kowen wrote:
>> Excellent. Tuesday at 11am it is then. I guess IRC would work best, but if
>> you still want to do an audio interview, that can work too. Thanks, Hannah
>>

> IRC is perfect, my nick is josef. Thanks,
>
> Josef

Looks like you're off to a great start.

Since the rest of the Allegheny students will probably be working and
asking questions in #fedora-mktg at that time, might I suggest holding
the interview in #fedora-meeting-1?

This is because #fedora-meeting is going to be taken by the BugZapper
team, according to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meetings, and so that
you can use zodbot (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zodbot) to log the
conversation.

Cheers,

--Mel

Old 04-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Hannah Kowen

Hello everyone,

An edited version of the interview with Josef Bacik is now on the feature profile page.* I'm open for any suggestions you have (or you can add to it as much as you want.)

Thanks,
Hannah Kowen

Old 04-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Mel Chua

On 04/22/2010 12:16 PM, Hannah Kowen wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> An edited version of the interview with Josef Bacik is now on the
> feature profile page. I'm open for any suggestions you have (or you can
> add to it as much as you want.)
>
> Thanks,
> Hannah Kowen

and the link would be https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Btrfs_in_Fedora_13
via https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:F13_in-depth_features, by
the way.

(First glance: this looks excellent! I'll take another pass and send
more detailed comments after going through one page release notes
content later today.)

--Mel

Old 04-22-2010, 08:36 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 12:16:21PM -0400, Hannah Kowen wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> An edited version of the interview with Josef Bacik is now on the feature
> profile page.� I'm open for any suggestions you have (or you can add to it
> as much as you want.)
>
> Thanks,
> Hannah Kowen

I think we're missing the link here. :-)

To all Allegheny students, thanks so much for pitching in and being
part of our community! One of the ways communities work together is
by agreeing on some "rules of engagement," or maybe even more simply,
ways to communicate.

If you've done some work, it's customary to post the URL link in your
email so other people don't have to either remember, have bookmarked,
or guess the location you want them to visit.

Feel free to include those links in your posts on this list.

By the way, links are *far* preferable to attachments, which waste
bandwidth since they get sent, over and over, to thousands of
recipients, not all of whom will read them.

Thanks again and looking forward to seeing your work!