Old 04-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Matthew Bocchi

Default Hello Fedora World

Hi all,

Just wanted to send out a quick intro to myself and volunteer for any projects that you need done / help with! I'm one of the college students Mel Chua is working with at Allegheny College, btw.
To keep this email short, here's a link to my blog post explaining a bit more <http://act.ivism.org/blogs/bocchim/2010/04/07/for-all-the-fedora-people/>

Cheers,
Matt

Old 04-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Nelson Marques

Welcome,

I'm Nelson, I'm finishing Marketing Management @ IPAM, Portugal. I
really don't know exactly how it would be classified in the US, here we
get "licenciate" degree from it (the next step is MBA and doctorates).

My field of expertise is mainly Marketing Management (Consumer Behavior
and Strategical Management).
Anything I can help, feel free to ring my bell.

nm

--
Nelson Marques
PGP Fingerprint: 53E1 731B 85A4 A098 8382 8CFF 1AC7 AF01 7717 8063

Old 04-07-2010, 09:35 PM
wonderer

Hello Matthew,

Welcome onboard.... Mel already told me / us that there are some
students interested in this stuff. I'm happy to read at your blog that
you are already have some experience, because the work on technological
press-releases and press-kits are (or should be) almost the same.
You can first have a look at
http://www.braincache.de/wp/2010/04/05/fedora-presskit/ where I gave a
first short intro of how a press-kit in general look like and also how
the content of our upcoming fedora 13 press-kit could look like.
At the fedoraproject wikipage at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Press_kit you find an general overview of
the structure we have and what goals we have.
If you have written press-releases before, you probably also know the
rules or better guidelines mentioned at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Writing_press_Releases_HowTo to write
those, but maybe you find some interesting parts here as well.

If you want step in deeper I think some research on the fedoraproject
itself and track pictures from/about the fedoraproject in general would
be very nice. That should bring (hopefully) a broad range of different
country's and cultures to cover. Therefore you can also read the Mail
from Paul
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2010-April/012295.html about
licensing as some kind of background info.
What we need for a first start are pictures from Fedora Releasepartys or
Linuxevents with some kind of lucky people and collect the Links on a
wikipage (a possible place to start can be
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/picture_archive).

And if you have any question then you can ask anytime.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer@fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6 3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0

Old 04-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Ryan Rix

On Wed 7 April 2010 12:21:11 pm Matthew Bocchi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to send out a quick intro to myself and volunteer for any
> projects that you need done / help with! I'm one of the college students
> Mel Chua is working with at Allegheny College, btw. To keep this email
> short, here's a link to my blog post explaining a bit more
> <http://act.ivism.org/blogs/bocchim/2010/04/07/for-all-the-fedora-people/>

Hi Matthew!

Welcome to the Marketing team!

Ryan