Old 04-07-2010, 01:21 AM
Nelson Marques

Default Wiki - Colour Codes in the scope of Marketing

Hi all,

Fur future reference if this suits anyone:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Color_Meanings

As a personal note, I would like to clarify that is how Marketing /
Advertising professionals sometimes use colours. It's widely accepted in
the Western Civilization at least. For other regions, the meanings might
be shared, but further research should be accomplished.
Regarding artists that are on this list, please don't take this too
much serious, as it might be useful for when developing a logo or splash
image, it usually should apply to your "general" work. This is mainly
how Marketing can use colours combined with other variables in order to
trigger sensations and feelings.

On a personal level, I would like to point this Fiat add as a powerful
example on how to explore red which triggers in most cases (this add) a
feeling of passion and creation:

Link #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLL8r18jx3g
Link #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCQ46A8KK-8

I've lefted two links, since the first one has a more scarlet red (but
lower definition) which resembles best with the add itself.

Anyway, yet another (maybe, who knows?) unuseful contribution.

nelson

--
Nelson Marques
PGP Fingerprint: 53E1 731B 85A4 A098 8382 8CFF 1AC7 AF01 7717 8063

Old 04-07-2010, 09:52 AM
wonderer

Hy there,

Am 07.04.2010 03:21, schrieb Nelson Marques:
> Hi all,
>
> Fur future reference if this suits anyone:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Color_Meanings

Sounds like a good reseach. But maybe you can add some general meanings
to the colors that will maybe more effective for choosing colors for
specific tasks. For example the color red as seen at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red has a warning symolism. So if someones
want to draw a special attention red would be a good first choice.
Also the Artwork guys and girls (see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork ) are aware of the meanings and
have allready have that in mind if they produce Icons and graphics.
There are also some rulings (lets say Designguide) how the fedoraproject
uses colors.
> As a personal note, I would like to clarify that is how Marketing /
> Advertising professionals sometimes use colours. It's widely accepted in
> the Western Civilization at least. For other regions, the meanings might
> be shared, but further research should be accomplished.

Shure.
> Link #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLL8r18jx3g
> Link #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCQ46A8KK-8
>
> I've lefted two links, since the first one has a more scarlet red (but
> lower definition) which resembles best with the add itself.

Yeah, thats the same idea behind as with the Sony Bravia adds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bb8P7dfjVw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyGq4keRlrA

Maybe you want to add some of those and other videos to your research, too?!

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer@fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6 3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0