Old 04-06-2010, 07:45 AM
"Jan Wildeboer"

Default Activities in KSA

All,

I am right now in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in my role Red Hats Evangelist. It
seems there is virtually no Fedora community here.

Am I missing something or do we need to change that? There definitely is a
lot of interest and some enthusiasm to build upon. Simple stuff like better
localization, more comples stuff like having usergroups.

So do we know of any work in the MEA area? Should we start focusing a bit
more on this area?

Jan

Old 04-06-2010, 07:58 AM
"Gerold"

Hi Jan,

I totally agree with you, but ...
1.) there were some barriers (legal and embargos) from E to MEA,
2.) the first step must be from the MEA region as well

or should be bring something into the dust? because of not knowing
infrastructure fo a county, people who needs AND want our help is very
difficult.
maybe a "You're interested in ..." - page could help to find the correct
"first contact".

All the best

Gerold