Old 04-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Mel Chua

Default Allegheny student projects: what are we working on, anyway?

Teams and their projects are listed here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Allegheny_Activism:_Team_Assignments

You'll notice that I've gone through and constructed a lot of
scaffolding (well, a "lot" of scaffolding in terms of what we usually
have in Fedora; I'm sure it's very little scaffolding compared to what
students are used to getting in class!) on the projects in an attempt to
help the students get started. If you think you can improve on that
scaffolding in any way, please do so! And if you're interested in a
particular project, please contact the team members - their contact info
is listed on the wiki, and we'll be helping them join the appropriate
IRC channels and lists this week.

Projects (which should mostly be obvious from their URL):

* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Video_hosting
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_social_networks#Twitter
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_press_kit
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_one_page_release_notes
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_feature_profiles (We've already got
our core feature profiles being written - generating more profiles for a
general audience will also help us improve our ability to market to our
target userbase.)
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design_team_ticket_tackling_tools
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Sugar_on_a_Stick#Spins_Page
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design_Suite#Spins_Page

Folks who are involved with specific projects may be getting pings in
the near future; you're of course under no obligation to answer, but if
you'd like an extra couple pairs of hands, this is an excellent
opportunity.

Again, we're hanging out in #allegheny if you'd like to swing by and ask
questions, though we're also going to be coming into the main
#fedora-mktg and #fedora-design channels as folks have questions.

Questions, comments, discussion, etc welcome as usual - thank you again
for putting up with this grand experiment! It should be fun.

--Mel