Old 04-06-2010, 07:11 AM
Amit Shah

Default New magazine articles uploaded, call for more!

Hello all,

A few Fedora enthusiasts from India wrote three articles on
virtualization for the Linux For You magazine for their March 2010 Virt
special issue.

Since the publisher releases the PDFs of the final articles under a CC
license, I've gone ahead and uploaded the articles to the Wiki. I
created a new page, just to keep it all in one place:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Magazine_articles_on_virtualization

It's currently linked from

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Virtualization

but I'm sure a better job could be done in organizing the content.
Please feel free to do so.

Also, Linux Magazine (Linux Pro Magazine in the US) is looking at a Virt
Special so if you were looking to contribute, here's your chance!

Cheers,
Amit
--
http://log.amitshah.net/

Old 04-06-2010, 01:25 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 12:41:51PM +0530, Amit Shah wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> A few Fedora enthusiasts from India wrote three articles on
> virtualization for the Linux For You magazine for their March 2010 Virt
> special issue.
>
> Since the publisher releases the PDFs of the final articles under a CC
> license, I've gone ahead and uploaded the articles to the Wiki. I
> created a new page, just to keep it all in one place:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Magazine_articles_on_virtualization
>
> It's currently linked from
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Virtualization
>
> but I'm sure a better job could be done in organizing the content.
> Please feel free to do so.
>

> Also, Linux Magazine (Linux Pro Magazine in the US) is looking at a Virt
> Special so if you were looking to contribute, here's your chance!

These are fantastic, Amit!

How can we make these articles more likely to turn up as search hits?
Would categorization and/or renaming the PDF files themselves help?

Old 04-07-2010, 05:23 AM
Amit Shah

On (Tue) Apr 06 2010 [09:25:44], Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 12:41:51PM +0530, Amit Shah wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > A few Fedora enthusiasts from India wrote three articles on
> > virtualization for the Linux For You magazine for their March 2010 Virt
> > special issue.
> >
> > Since the publisher releases the PDFs of the final articles under a CC
> > license, I've gone ahead and uploaded the articles to the Wiki. I
> > created a new page, just to keep it all in one place:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Magazine_articles_on_virtualization
> >
> > It's currently linked from
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Virtualization
> >
> > but I'm sure a better job could be done in organizing the content.
> > Please feel free to do so.
> >

> > Also, Linux Magazine (Linux Pro Magazine in the US) is looking at a Virt
> > Special so if you were looking to contribute, here's your chance!
>
> These are fantastic, Amit!
>
> How can we make these articles more likely to turn up as search hits?
> Would categorization and/or renaming the PDF files themselves help?

Yes, categorization would help. So would attaching verbose descriptions
to the files themselves. I don't know how much file names matter, but it
wouldn't hurt to rename them. At least Google can look inside pdf files,
so the content itself is searchable.

Amit
--
http://log.amitshah.net/

Old 04-09-2010, 12:51 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 10:53:33AM +0530, Amit Shah wrote:
> On (Tue) Apr 06 2010 [09:25:44], Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 12:41:51PM +0530, Amit Shah wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > A few Fedora enthusiasts from India wrote three articles on
> > > virtualization for the Linux For You magazine for their March 2010 Virt
> > > special issue.
> > >
> > > Since the publisher releases the PDFs of the final articles under a CC
> > > license, I've gone ahead and uploaded the articles to the Wiki. I
> > > created a new page, just to keep it all in one place:
> > >
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Magazine_articles_on_virtualization
> > >
> > > It's currently linked from
> > >
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Virtualization
> > >
> > > but I'm sure a better job could be done in organizing the content.
> > > Please feel free to do so.
> > >

> > > Also, Linux Magazine (Linux Pro Magazine in the US) is looking at a Virt
> > > Special so if you were looking to contribute, here's your chance!
> >
> > These are fantastic, Amit!
> >
> > How can we make these articles more likely to turn up as search hits?
> > Would categorization and/or renaming the PDF files themselves help?
>
> Yes, categorization would help. So would attaching verbose descriptions
> to the files themselves. I don't know how much file names matter, but it
> wouldn't hurt to rename them. At least Google can look inside pdf files,
> so the content itself is searchable.

I added this to the Marketing issue tracker for work. It's an easy
task for a new contributor:

https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/110