Old 04-06-2010, 01:17 AM
wonderer

Default The presskit CD

hello all,

I took the opportunity to work on some pages for the presskit and
thought it would be best to put it all together to a draft version of
the upcoing presskit.
You all should have read my blogpost about the presskits I have
collected so far - if not maybe you want to take a look at
http://www.braincache.de/wp/2010/04/05/fedora-presskit/ - and based on
those I build a first draft version of the CD Content.

You can found it at http://wonderer.fedorapeople.org/presskit%20CD/
<http://wonderer.fedorapeople.org/presskit CD/>. There is a small html
file with a very short intro like text for those of the press-guys wich
habe a Windows machine with "autostart" enabled so they see something.
Then there are several folders with documents in it. I made one Template
for all documents so they have all the same look & feel. So later the
content can easily be changed by who-ever and also we can change the
Template itself all ... lets say 2-3 Releases.
At this point I took all the Texts I could found, later we can easily
"paste" our modules in.

Also the structure can be the same for all upcoming releases so we or an
eventowner only has to change the content of the /projects Folder, burn
the CD or pack it to an USB Key and voila, ready to give it away. we
also can think about some rpm package so it can be added to a potential
kickstart file for Fedora-USB-Key production, BUT thats far far in the
future...

Hope you all like it and its good for use and it gives us a little fuel
to plow through the work to get all done soon.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer@fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6 3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0