Old 04-03-2010, 05:38 PM
"Neville A. Cross"

Default Modules of F13 Press Kit require owners

During Marketing FAD we started to shape what will be the Press Kit.
The idea is having material that can be easily adaptable to different
needs, hence we created modules.
We need volunteers to take responsibility for further develop each module.

For claiming ownership of one module, please go to:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_press_kit

I have left some extra information on that wiki. Please feel free to
clarify and add things.

Best regards

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217

Old 04-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Robyn Bergeron

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Neville A. Cross <nacross@gmail.com> wrote:
> During Marketing FAD we started to shape what will be the Press Kit.
> The idea is having material that can be easily adaptable to different
> needs, hence we created modules.
> We need volunteers to take responsibility for further develop each module.
>
> For claiming ownership of one module, please go to:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_press_kit

FYI - I think I've checked with everyone on this list on doing this
(except Russell) - Ben can't take it on right now, but otherwise I
think everyone else is down.

We should probably think about whether or not these things are
achievable to do in print form for F13 release, and if not, if we can
get them done in time for RH summit.

Also - there is some redundancy between this page and
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Press_kit - which one are we going to
go with? Or do we want to do a [[Press_kit]] page and then have a
template for each release, as we're doing with other deliverables?

-robyn

Old 04-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Ryan Rix

On Sat 3 April 2010 11:02:47 am Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> Ben can't take it on right now, but otherwise I
> think everyone else is down.

I've got Ben's and my section then.

--
Ryan Rix

Old 04-03-2010, 06:24 PM
"Neville A. Cross"

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Robyn Bergeron
<robyn.bergeron@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Neville A. Cross <nacross@gmail.com> wrote:
>> During Marketing FAD we started to shape what will be the Press Kit.
>> The idea is having material that can be easily adaptable to different
>> needs, hence we created modules.
>> We need volunteers to take responsibility for further develop each module.
>>
>> For claiming ownership of one module, please go to:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_press_kit
>>

> FYI - I think I've checked with everyone on this list on doing this
> (except Russell) - Ben can't take it on right now, but otherwise I
> think everyone else is down.
>
> We should probably think about whether or not these things are
> achievable to do in print form for F13 release, and if not, if we can
> get them done in time for RH summit.
>
> Also - there is some redundancy between this page and
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Press_kit - which one are we going to
> go with? Or do we want to do a [[Press_kit]] page and then have a
> template for each release, as we're doing with other deliverables?
>
> -robyn

As I see the press kit [0] is a general overview of the presskit where
the f13 press kit[1] looks more like a working bench.

I think that having some modules may be helpful for F13. We should
focus in built modules that can have life on its own. If not all of
them are finished, at least we have something.

I keep wondering if the "One Page Release Notes" should be included as
part of the press kit. It was a wonderful document and the
localizations where well received.

Best regards,

Neville

[0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Press_kit
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_press_kit

Old 04-04-2010, 10:52 AM
wonderer

Hy,

[...]
Also - there is some redundancy between this page and
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Press_kit - which one are we going to
>> go with? Or do we want to do a [[Press_kit]] page and then have a
>> template for each release, as we're doing with other deliverables?
>>
>> -robyn
>>

> As I see the press kit [0] is a general overview of the presskit where
> the f13 press kit[1] looks more like a working bench.

+1 from me.
> I think that having some modules may be helpful for F13. We should
> focus in built modules that can have life on its own. If not all of
> them are finished, at least we have something.

+1 from me.
> I keep wondering if the "One Page Release Notes" should be included as
> part of the press kit. It was a wonderful document and the
> localizations where well received.

The press kit is something for the journalists and press people and also
sometimes for Organiszers from events if they want something for
background info and their own press-people to work on, etc.
Therefore I think the Onepager is a good thing to add here.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer@fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6 3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0