Old 04-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Ryan Rix

Default Colby Interview from the FAD

Hey all,

At the FAD, Colby Hoke, a member of Red Hat's PR team did an impromptu "how
to do interviews" interview. I was tasked with making this Look Nice, and
did so, but have held off on posting it here until Justin had a little more
done on the archive.org fedora account, but I'm going to go ahead and post
my blip.tv upload so I don't forget about it

http://blip.tv/file/3396406

Ryan

--
Ryan Rix

Old 04-03-2010, 10:35 PM
threethirty

On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 19:06 -0700, Ryan Rix wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> At the FAD, Colby Hoke, a member of Red Hat's PR team did an impromptu "how
> to do interviews" interview. I was tasked with making this Look Nice, and
> did so, but have held off on posting it here until Justin had a little more
> done on the archive.org fedora account, but I'm going to go ahead and post
> my blip.tv upload so I don't forget about it
>
> http://blip.tv/file/3396406
>
> Ryan

The account is up and we were gonna have the minions (students) convert
and move the files over there. ping Robyn or Mel and they can get you
the login info.

The login info has been the hangup, im not sure how we let everyone use
it without letting **everyone** use it.

--
Justin "threethirty" O'Brien
Fedora Ambassador & Marketing Team Member

Old 04-03-2010, 11:06 PM
David Nalley

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM, threethirty <three@threethirty.us> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 19:06 -0700, Ryan Rix wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> At the FAD, Colby Hoke, a member of Red Hat's PR team did an impromptu "how
>> to do interviews" interview. I was tasked with making this Look Nice, and
>> did so, but have held off on posting it here until Justin had a little more
>> done on the archive.org fedora account, but I'm going to go ahead and post
>> my blip.tv upload so I don't forget about it
>>
>> http://blip.tv/file/3396406
>>
>> Ryan
>>
> The account is up and we were gonna have the minions (students) convert
> and move the files over there. *ping Robyn or Mel and they can get you
> the login info.
>
> The login info has been the hangup, im not sure how we let everyone use
> it without letting **everyone** use it.

IMO we don't worry about it - we regularly change the password - keep
the login email address a fp.o address that we can control - and hand
it out to those doing the work.

Yeah it's not perfectly secure - but it allows us to do work.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:53 PM
threethirty

On Sat, 2010-04-03 at 18:36 -0430, David Nalley wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM, threethirty <three@threethirty.us> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 19:06 -0700, Ryan Rix wrote:
> >> Hey all,
> >>
> >> At the FAD, Colby Hoke, a member of Red Hat's PR team did an impromptu "how
> >> to do interviews" interview. I was tasked with making this Look Nice, and
> >> did so, but have held off on posting it here until Justin had a little more
> >> done on the archive.org fedora account, but I'm going to go ahead and post
> >> my blip.tv upload so I don't forget about it
> >>
> >> http://blip.tv/file/3396406
> >>
> >> Ryan
> >>
> > The account is up and we were gonna have the minions (students) convert
> > and move the files over there. ping Robyn or Mel and they can get you
> > the login info.
> >
> > The login info has been the hangup, im not sure how we let everyone use
> > it without letting **everyone** use it.
>

> IMO we don't worry about it - we regularly change the password - keep
> the login email address a fp.o address that we can control - and hand
> it out to those doing the work.
>
> Yeah it's not perfectly secure - but it allows us to do work.

I signed up using my @fpo addy, but I think I can change that if
nessisary

Old 04-04-2010, 02:12 AM
David Nalley

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 7:23 PM, threethirty <three@threethirty.us> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-04-03 at 18:36 -0430, David Nalley wrote:

>> > The account is up and we were gonna have the minions (students) convert
>> > and move the files over there. *ping Robyn or Mel and they can get you
>> > the login info.
>> >
>> > The login info has been the hangup, im not sure how we let everyone use
>> > it without letting **everyone** use it.
>>

>> IMO we don't worry about it - we regularly change the password - keep
>> the login email address a fp.o address that we can control - and hand
>> it out to those doing the work.
>>
>> Yeah it's not perfectly secure - but it allows us to do work.
>
> I signed up using my @fpo addy, but I think I can change that if
> nessisary

In the interim I think that's OK. Long term we probably want to talk
with infrastructure and get an aliased email address much like we did
for twitter.