Old 04-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Nelson Marques

Default off-topic - planet

I apologize for publishing something on my blog that our planet
aggregator grabbed without being in the scope of Fedora.

I thought it would only pick up things categorized as "Fedora". Anyway,
I'll use it only strictly for Fedora.

sorry once more,
nm

--
Nelson Marques
Private Contact- 07721@ipam.pt

Old 04-02-2010, 02:42 AM
Clint Savage

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Nelson Marques <07721@ipam.pt> wrote:

> I apologize for publishing something on my blog that our planet
> aggregator grabbed without being in the scope of Fedora.
>
> I thought it would only pick up things categorized as "Fedora". Anyway,
> I'll use it only strictly for Fedora.
>
> sorry once more,
> nm
>
> --
> Nelson Marques
> Private Contact- 07721@ipam.pt

Nelson,

I actually believe it appropriate to be off-topic on the planet from
time to time. It shows that you are a human being with a life and
that you are interested in more than just Fedora. I say this is a
good thing. I think the only time that it becomes a problem is when
*most* of your posts are not around Fedora, free software, etc.

In addition, it is quite possible to have just your fedora category on
the planet if you like. I do mine with wordpress, but your solution
may be different. Keep up the good work...

Cheers,

Clint

Old 04-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Jon Stanley

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Clint Savage <herlo1@gmail.com> wrote:

> I actually believe it appropriate to be off-topic on the planet from
> time to time. *It shows that you are a human being with a life and
> that you are interested in more than just Fedora. *I say this is a
> good thing. *I think the only time that it becomes a problem is when
> *most* of your posts are not around Fedora, free software, etc.

Or if your posts are more suitable to an art gallery than being posted
on the subway for all to see

Old 04-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Nicu Buculei

On 04/02/2010 04:05 PM, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Clint Savage<herlo1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I actually believe it appropriate to be off-topic on the planet from
>> time to time. It shows that you are a human being with a life and
>> that you are interested in more than just Fedora. I say this is a
>> good thing. I think the only time that it becomes a problem is when
>> *most* of your posts are not around Fedora, free software, etc.
>
> Or if your posts are more suitable to an art gallery than being posted
> on the subway for all to see

Me ducks and run...

--
nicu :: http://photoblog.nicubunu.ro/