Old 04-01-2010, 01:27 AM
Nelson Marques

Default List off-topic - Fedora Logo

Simple question. I'm finishing my wordpress website, actually all the
artwork is finally done and integrated with the base theme.

I'm going to place 2 banners, one from Gnome Friends and I would like
also to place a Fedora Logo/Promotion and link it to the project page.

Can we use them on our personal webpage as long as the Brand Guidelines
are respected?

was thinking on placing this 2:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Fedorabutton-proudfedorauser.png
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/a/a3/Fedorabutton-proudfedoracontributor.png

Link the first to Fedora Project homepage and the second to
http://fedoraproject.org/join-fedora

Thanks.
nm

Old 04-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Robyn Bergeron

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Nelson Marques <07721@ipam.pt> wrote:

> *Simple question. I'm finishing my wordpress website, actually all the
> artwork is finally done and integrated with the base theme.
>
> *I'm going to place 2 banners, one from Gnome Friends and I would like
> also to place a Fedora Logo/Promotion and link it to the project page.
>
> *Can we use them on our personal webpage as long as the Brand Guidelines
> are respected?

The banner guidelines are here. As far as I can see, there are no issues.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/PromoBanners

> *was thinking on placing this 2:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Fedorabutton-proudfedorauser.png
> http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/a/a3/Fedorabutton-proudfedoracontributor.png
>
> *Link the first to Fedora Project homepage and the second to
> http://fedoraproject.org/join-fedora

Food for thought: You should consider using the awesome countdown or
alpha/beta release banners, just because they're ... well... awesome.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_Artwork#Beta_Release_Banner

-robyn

Old 04-01-2010, 02:29 AM
Nelson Marques

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 18:38 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Nelson Marques <07721@ipam.pt> wrote:
> >
> > Simple question. I'm finishing my wordpress website, actually all the
> > artwork is finally done and integrated with the base theme.
> >
> > I'm going to place 2 banners, one from Gnome Friends and I would like
> > also to place a Fedora Logo/Promotion and link it to the project page.
> >
> > Can we use them on our personal webpage as long as the Brand Guidelines
> > are respected?
>
> The banner guidelines are here. As far as I can see, there are no issues.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/PromoBanners
>

> > was thinking on placing this 2:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Fedorabutton-proudfedorauser.png
> > http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/a/a3/Fedorabutton-proudfedoracontributor.png
> >
> > Link the first to Fedora Project homepage and the second to
> > http://fedoraproject.org/join-fedora
>
> Food for thought: You should consider using the awesome countdown or
> alpha/beta release banners, just because they're ... well... awesome.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_Artwork#Beta_Release_Banner

Good suggestion. I'll probably do a java script class to automate it
(the countdown) and replace the images correctly according to
hardware/local time. When this happens, how should I make it available
for the community? Distribute it through the design team (since they are
providing the Artwork)?.

My list of priorities is kinda weird (Fedora and non-Fedora):

#1 - Interview Planning
#2 - Network Manager (thanks Paul for pointing the screenshot info);
#3 - Packaging for LimeSurvey;
#4 - Research for a couple of stuff (Fedora and non-Fedora);
#5 - SWOT
#6 - Other stuff I might not remember
#7 - WebPage
#8 - Some FOSS Event that has not much of a context now, but will still
happen. Probably delaying this 4/6 months and will work on bringing back
PLUG (Portuguese Linux Users Group) back to life, and then fit the event
to promote PLUG and FOSS. PLUG should be aimed to provide a national
support for all the LUG's, including bridging between them. Probably
will place PLUG under ANSOL's supervision.

> -robyn
>

> > Thanks.
> > nm
> >
> > --

Nelson Marques
Private Contact- 07721@ipam.pt

Old 04-02-2010, 06:06 AM
Mel Chua

>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_Artwork#Beta_Release_Banner
>
> Good suggestion. I'll probably do a java script class to automate it
> (the countdown) and replace the images correctly according to
> hardware/local time. When this happens, how should I make it available
> for the community? Distribute it through the design team (since they are
> providing the Artwork)?.

Writing the design team mailing list
(https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team) and
possibly also blogging about where to find the files and how others can
use them seems like as good a place as any to start.

--Mel