Old 03-31-2010, 01:14 AM
Nelson Marques

Default Feature Profiles :: NetworkManager

I've sent the following email to the NetworkManager mailling list. And
waiting for feedback.

nelson.

============ WALL OF TEXT ==============
Dear Network Manager developers,

My name is Nelson and I'm a contributor to the Fedora Marketing Team.
Currently we (Fedora Marketing Team) is working on the Feature Profiles
for Fedora 13 Goddard. I'm currently assigned to work on an article
regarding NetworkManager.

Recognizing that I am not an engineer, but instead a Marketing
Professional, I would like to know if the possible could be achieved:

* Have a small interview with NetworkManager developers.
* Get hold of a small list of NetworkManager highlights for the
following:
** Standard user
** Advanced user
* Any features that the developers of NetworkManager would like to
highlight.
* A message for our users regarding NetworkManager from the developing
team.
* The major advancements you would like to promote accomplished on the
last 6 months.

Regarding the interviews, I'm free to fix a good schedule that fits
your time. I understand that developers are usually busy and I will try
to make it last 10/15 minutes tops (if we accomplish this by IRC); I'm
also available to send the questionnaire by email if required, or
arrange any method that suits you.

Any questions please don't hesitate in contacting me.

I can be contacted off-list through:
nmarques@fedoraproject.org
07721@ipam.pt

Many thanks in advance,
Nelson Marques.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:52 AM
Felix Kaechele

Hi Nelson,

one very cool new Feature is the display of signal strength and used
mobile broadband technology. Do you have a mobile broadband device to
make some screenshots with? If not just drop me a line and I'll hand you
some screenshots.

Felix

Old 03-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Nelson Marques

Felix,

Thanks for your offer, I will accept it. Feel free to upload them to
the wiki or send them my way

Thanks in advance,
Nelson.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Nelson Marques

Felix,

Sorry to nag you... I don't have mobile broadband devices because it's
not quite an option for me and Vodafone coverage isn't the best...
Anyway can you spare me some screenshots ?

Feel free to mail them to me on private or in any other means you wish.

Kindest Regards,

Old 04-14-2010, 10:41 PM
wonderer

Hy,

is it possible to give
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NetworkManager_in_Fedora_13 a bit more
Live and put these infos in there?! As I can see it there is already an
Interview available and screen shots will be made. So I think there will
be the best place to collect it.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer@fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6 3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0

Old 04-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Nelson Marques

Thats where I am working now. All the stuff there was removed some
minutes ago and there is going to be something different there. A small
article with Dan's interview and some tech stuff. Though I've not based
the article on the tech stuff because Dan already provided it on the
wiki, so a couple of links and small text will do.

Agree with you about collecting there. I will upload them all anyways.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Nelson Marques

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NetworkManager_in_Fedora_13

Needs some editing and corrections for syntax and what-so-ever.
Robyn, your chisel skills ?

I'm going to upload screenshots soon, later today and do so minor
tweaking on a couple of aspects.

I am not sure if that was what was pretended, and I've leaded the
interview with Dan to another perspective. I hope I've focused enough on
NetworkManager, but redoing features that were previously entered on the
wiki by Dan seemed to be a waste of time, specially with his kick ass
blog article online.

So I've tried to led the interview a bit more into the developing and
tried to present our users a bit more of a personal approach of one of
Red Hat upstream project maintainers.

Feel free to send feedback, whatever... before we freeze it. Once we
have our editorial cuts and screenshots up, and plus from marketing,
I'll send it to Dan for his review and some corrections he might want to
enforce, and then we can go live.

Also tweaking the interview page, which is a bit of copy/paste.

nelson

Old 04-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Robyn Bergeron

I will get out my editorial chisel in a few hours and get to work
I'll give you a heads-up when I'm done so you can pass it to dan.

Thanks, nelson!

-robyn

On 4/15/10, Nelson Marques <07721@ipam.pt> wrote:

> [...]
>> information.
>> * I've taken the screenshots on Fedora 12, with a vanilla user, using
>> the vanilla pre-set artwork (GNOME + GTK Fedora Theme + Default pointer,
>> etc).
>> * Everyone is free to participate and edit (specially english native
>> speakers, since English isn't my native language).
>> * Any suggestions will be considered (most likely added/reviewed), I've
>> kept a special place (end of page) for anyone's suggestions.
>>

>> Working on:
>>
>> - Gathering background information regarding NetworkManager.
>> - Preparing Interviews for developers.
>> - wiki skills.
>>
>> As always feel free to highlight and participate with comments,
>> suggestions, information, critics and whatever you find relevant.
>>
>> Thanks all for surviving this wall of text.

Sent from my mobile device

Old 04-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Nelson Marques

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NetworkManager_in_Fedora_13

Changed the whole thing. Only point 2 should be edited soon. For the
rest I believe it fits and qualifies with the goals of the Feature
Profiles.

Feel free to edit, cut, whatever 8)

Any suggestions are always welcome,

nelson

Old 04-16-2010, 08:15 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

We may have room in the Red Hat press schedule to run a feature
profile on 4/20. Nelson, I've started working on editing your
article. It's *very* well done, and full of great information.

I wrote a very short summary of the article and if we do get to run a
press blog entry, we'll link to the feature profile on the wiki and of
course to the Fedora 13 Beta download site as well.

I should hear back shortly about whether we can get this into the
hopper on time.

Paul