Old 03-30-2010, 11:40 PM
Nelson Marques

Default screenshots - some doubts.

I runed across some operational doubts regarding possible screenshots.

* Do I need to run Clearlooks / Fedora vanilla theming for the
screenshots?
* I would like to keep my screenshot coherent with everyone else's work
on another features.

Enlighten me plz on this.

Nelson.

--
Nelson Marques
Private Contact- 07721@ipam.pt

Old 03-31-2010, 01:07 AM
Ryan Rix

On Tue 30 March 2010 4:40:13 pm Nelson Marques wrote:
> * Do I need to run Clearlooks / Fedora vanilla theming for the
> screenshots?

Yes, I would think so. Also running F13 artwork as your wallpaper/icon theme

--
Ryan Rix

Old 03-31-2010, 01:12 AM
Nelson Marques

Ryan,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've got F13 last night and will instal
the artwork provided. There is no need for icons I think, since the
screenshots don't contemplate icons.
As for the wallpaper, it is also not present.

I've got some sample screenshots here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Network_Manager_Workbench

The cropping isn't perfect, but I think they illustrate my needs. Any
suggestions on how to improve?

Thanks in advance,
nelson.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:59 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 02:12:13AM +0100, Nelson Marques wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply. I've got F13 last night and will instal
> the artwork provided. There is no need for icons I think, since the
> screenshots don't contemplate icons.
> As for the wallpaper, it is also not present.
>
> I've got some sample screenshots here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Network_Manager_Workbench
>
> The cropping isn't perfect, but I think they illustrate my needs. Any
> suggestions on how to improve?

If you run 'gnome-screenshot -i' you can set a bunch of parameters
easily, including:

* Choice of either whole desktop or a specific window (the one that
has focus)

* Turning off the mouse pointer

* Putting a pleasant drop shadow behind the dialog

* Most importantly -- setting a delay of a few seconds so you can get
everything focused and in order before your screenshot happens! :-)