Old 03-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Robyn Bergeron

Default Limesurvey - Update

Hello Friends,

I've decided that the best thing to do at this point in time is to put
limesurvey on the backburner until (1) F13 is out the door, and (2)
Until Fedora Insight is out the door. I was hoping to have a meeting
of "next steps" prior to F13 release (as you may have seen in a
previous email) just so we could at least have a task list of "what to
do" so we can be off and running; but with so many of our
Infrastructure / Marketing multi-tasking awesome folks working on FI,
I think it's best to just wait to worry about next steps until we're
more freed up with time.

That said: I know that Ryan, Nelson, and David are all continuing to
plug away on the remaining packages that are needed for limesurvey,
and I hope they continue to do so - it's hard to move onto the 'next
steps of Limesurvey deployment' until these packages are resolved.

And with that, I'd like to take a moment and thank all three of you,
along with anyone else who has been working on packaging for
Limesurvey (I'm not forgetting you intentionally!), PROFUSELY, for all
the work you have been doing. I realize that the packaging on this
particularly piece of infrastructure has been anything but easy, and I
want you to know that your efforts are not in vain - we WILL be
plowing forward on this once Fedora Insight is deployed, which should
be in conjunction with the F13 launch. Seriously: I owe you folks
cookies (even if some of you, *cough cough* David, doubt the existence
of cookies *grin*).

I'll be taking this off our meeting schedule and setting it as an F14
"big to-do" in Trac, so we don't use cycles on discussion during
meeting time... but by all means, if you are moving ahead or fixing
things or making packages or, in general, doing magic with Limesurvey,
feel free to update the wiki and mail the marketing list - we would
all love to hear about forward progress (or alternately, major
blocking problems with packaging!).

Rock on,

Robyn

Old 03-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 03/30/2010 10:34 PM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> I've decided that the best thing to do at this point in time is to put
> limesurvey on the backburner until (1) F13 is out the door, and (2)
> Until Fedora Insight is out the door

So, when is Fedora Insight supposed to be out? I am not following all
the discussions here but wanted to know if that is going to be launched
before Fedora 13?

Rahul

Old 03-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Nelson Marques

Besides the ESOMAR code I've showed before, I might have some other
stuff to share with list regarding surveys/questionnaires.

As for the packaging, man... this is at least challenging... While it
took me 20 minutes to package gnome-icon-theme 2.29.3 for fun, it's not
being exactly so fun with the fonts. By the way if anyone wants them for
fun, I have a package with them, and they look great

As for the rest, i'd recon this is a very important tool and continue to
deploy some efforts in this field. Within the next 2 or 3 days tops I
hope to have something to deliever for review.

Peace,
nm

--
Nelson Marques
Private Contact- 07721@ipam.pt

Old 03-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Robyn Bergeron

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/30/2010 10:34 PM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>> Hello Friends,
>>
>> I've decided that the best thing to do at this point in time is to put
>> limesurvey on the backburner until (1) F13 is out the door, and (2)
>> Until Fedora Insight is out the door
>>

> So, when is Fedora Insight supposed to be out? *I am not following all
> the discussions here but wanted to know if that is going to be launched
> before Fedora 13?

I believe others can probably speak to this better than I can - but at
the last FI meeting it was indicated that the plan is to have it up
and running for the F13 launch. How far prior to that, I'm not exactly
sure off the top of my head.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Hiemanshu Sharma

On 30 March 2010 22:41, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@gmail.com> wrote:

On 03/30/2010 10:34 PM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:

> Hello Friends,

> I've decided that the best thing to do at this point in time is to put

> limesurvey on the backburner until (1) F13 is out the door, and (2)

> Until Fedora Insight is out the door

So, when is Fedora Insight supposed to be out? *I am not following all

the discussions here but wanted to know if that is going to be launched

before Fedora 13?

We are hoping for the F13 target. Which means it should be up before the FinaL infra freeze is done 20 days prior to the final release, which is on 2010-04-27.

Rahul

Old 03-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 03/31/2010 01:16 AM, Hiemanshu Sharma wrote:

> We are hoping for the F13 target. Which means it should be up before
> the FinaL infra freeze is done 20 days prior to the final release,
> which is on 2010-04-27.

Is the TODO list and the schedule maintained somewhere for me to keep
track of them?

Rahul

Old 03-30-2010, 11:25 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 01:27:57AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 03/31/2010 01:16 AM, Hiemanshu Sharma wrote:
> >

> > We are hoping for the F13 target. Which means it should be up before
> > the FinaL infra freeze is done 20 days prior to the final release,
> > which is on 2010-04-27.
>
> Is the TODO list and the schedule maintained somewhere for me to keep
> track of them?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Insight

This page has the full details. There is not an easily visible
schedule in tabular form but the page currently indicates the team's
working on getting Marketing deliverables published before April 6.
Are you interested in helping?

Old 03-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 03/31/2010 04:55 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Insight
>
> This page has the full details. There is not an easily visible
> schedule in tabular form but the page currently indicates the team's
> working on getting Marketing deliverables published before April 6.
> Are you interested in helping?

I am interested in contributing content once it is up and running. I
maintain a couple of Zikula modules to move things along and could do
more of that if there is a requirement to do so. Beyond that, not much.

Rahul