Old 03-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Pascal Calarco

Default Self-introduction: Pascal Calarco

Hi marketing folk --

My name is Pascal Calarco (FAScalarco)[1]. I am interested in
participating with the Marketing team in Fedora, because the good folk
here are a dynamic and enthusiastic bunch and we have been collaborating
over the past few months on getting Fedora Insight[2] configured,
developed and moving forward for an expected F13 launch. I think by
being an explicit member of the Marketing team, this will help this
collaboration further.

I have been a member of the Fedora Ambassadors team for a couple years
and also have been a editorial team member of the Fedora Weekly News
since issue 133 (July 5, 2008) and as a writer since before that. I
have been a daily user of Fedora as my primary personal & work computing
environment since Fedora Core 2, and since then have thought that Fedora
is absolutely the best Linux distro for me as a technical manager and
power user. I have used Red Hat Linux, Mandrake/Mandriva, Ubuntu and
OpenSUSE at various points in the past and keep coming back to Fedora.
Fedora to me is a great blend of cutting edge desktop experience, a
vibrant community that I can contribute to and collaborate with others
very meaningfully, and an excellent way for me to keep up my technical
skills cred with my career. Fedora's professed values of "Features,
Freedom, Friends, First" really resonates with me as I am also a
librarian by profession, as we value open access to information,
intellectual freedom, collaborative empowerment, service and lifelong
learning, so the Fedora Project is a natural professional "second home"
for me in a very real sense. When I am not working at Fedora, I am
working as department head for our Library Information Systems group of
10 in the Hesburgh Libraries at the University of Notre Dame[3]. I am a
genealogy nut, an avid reader, a radio DJ for a weekly jazz program on
campus, a cyclist commuter, and father and husband.

I see the Fedora Weekly News[4] as a very natural extension of the
Marketing Team. Everything we do with FWN is to inform, influence and
enthuse those who use, develop, enhance and manage Fedora Linux and
demonstrate why we are a great technology community that deserves our
daily use, participation, and support. With Fedora Insight, I think we
can strengthen this relationship between the Weekly News and Marketing
teams, making our combined efforts even more obvious and impactful.

What I can bring to the Fedora Marketing team is the perspective of a
Fedora power user, a faculty member on a college campus, light project
management skills and dedication to the Fedora Project.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Usercalarco
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight
[3] http://www.library.nd.edu/
[4] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN

Old 03-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Robyn Bergeron

Welcome, Pascal - I know that seems a little odd to say since you've
been around for some time, but it's great to hear some of your
background details.

I'm going to add you into FAS right now

Thanks,

Robyn