Old 03-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Nelson Marques

Default Self Diagnose - Communication & Personality

Hi,

Though this is not of *major* relevance to this list, I've scrybed some
stuff here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SELF_DIAGNOSE

That's a set of 60 affirmations. This affirmations are constructed in
way that the user can assign 1 or 0 to every single of them.

In the end, they will provide the positioning of one's personality and
communication skill's accordingly to the following:

* Passive escape attitude.
* Aggressive Attack attitude.
* Manipulation attitude.
* Assertive or Self-Affirmation attitude.

-- Request - Can someone edit and review English on those sentences?
Feel free to commit changes as long as they don't change the meaning of
the sentence.

There is also
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SELF_DIAGNOSE_KEY

In which I'm scrybing now that provides an interpretation of the
results from the previous page.

The goal is to establish a simple Personality Test for everyone who
wants to do it. I'll provide enough information there for one to
accomplish this without any involvements of third parties, see it as if
you are curious about yourself and your personality, you can dig up a
"psychological" explanation for the results. I'm doing in a way that
there are no public results So it's really from a personal point of
interest.

Yet another *worthless* (or maybe not) contribution.

Nelson

--
Nelson Marques <07721@ipam.pt>

Old 03-27-2010, 05:52 PM
David Nalley

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Nelson Marques <07721@ipam.pt> wrote:

> *Hi,
>
> *Though this is not of *major* relevance to this list, I've scrybed some
> stuff here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SELF_DIAGNOSE
>
> *That's a set of 60 affirmations. This affirmations are constructed in
> way that the user can assign 1 or 0 to every single of them.
>
> *In the end, they will provide the positioning of one's personality and
> communication skill's accordingly to the following:
>
> ** Passive escape attitude.
> ** Aggressive Attack attitude.
> ** Manipulation attitude.
> ** Assertive or Self-Affirmation attitude.
>
> *-- Request - Can someone edit and review English on those sentences?
> Feel free to commit changes as long as they don't change the meaning of
> the sentence.
>
> *There is also
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SELF_DIAGNOSE_KEY
>
> *In which I'm scrybing now that provides an interpretation of the
> results from the previous page.
>
> *The goal is to establish a simple Personality Test for everyone who
> wants to do it. I'll provide enough information there for one to
> accomplish this without any involvements of third parties, see it as if
> you are curious about yourself and your personality, you can dig up a
> "psychological" explanation for the results. I'm doing in a way that
> there are no public results So it's really from a personal point of
> interest.
>
> *Yet another *worthless* (or maybe not) contribution.
>
> *Nelson
>

> --
> Nelson Marques <07721@ipam.pt>

Nelson:

Did this content originate from you, or did you find it somewhere else?

Old 03-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Nelson Marques

On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 14:52 -0400, David Nalley wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Nelson Marques <07721@ipam.pt> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Though this is not of *major* relevance to this list, I've scrybed some
> > stuff here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SELF_DIAGNOSE
> >
> > That's a set of 60 affirmations. This affirmations are constructed in
> > way that the user can assign 1 or 0 to every single of them.
> >
> > In the end, they will provide the positioning of one's personality and
> > communication skill's accordingly to the following:
> >
> > * Passive escape attitude.
> > * Aggressive Attack attitude.
> > * Manipulation attitude.
> > * Assertive or Self-Affirmation attitude.
> >
> > -- Request - Can someone edit and review English on those sentences?
> > Feel free to commit changes as long as they don't change the meaning of
> > the sentence.
> >
> > There is also
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SELF_DIAGNOSE_KEY
> >
> > In which I'm scrybing now that provides an interpretation of the
> > results from the previous page.
> >
> > The goal is to establish a simple Personality Test for everyone who
> > wants to do it. I'll provide enough information there for one to
> > accomplish this without any involvements of third parties, see it as if
> > you are curious about yourself and your personality, you can dig up a
> > "psychological" explanation for the results. I'm doing in a way that
> > there are no public results So it's really from a personal point of
> > interest.
> >
> > Yet another *worthless* (or maybe not) contribution.
> >
> > Nelson
> >

> > --
> > Nelson Marques <07721@ipam.pt>
> >
> > --
> >

> Nelson:
>
> Did this content originate from you, or did you find it somewhere else?

The method exists and is a part of a huge battery of diagnose tests. The
content itself has been modified, though it follows the general
guidelines (how the affirmations are builded). So it's not a verbatin
copy, neither a translation, from the contents point of view. As far as
I can say, those are my sentences, which were constructed based on a
real test that I got in my school. Since I know the whole methodology
involved it was easy to re-create sentences that can be evaluated
according to that model.

But of course this follows a scientific model, like most things do. So
to evaluate them and the results, this is based on a method that is
published and generally accepted by the APA (American Psychology
Association).
Do you want me to dig licensing information for the method of
interpretation? I can easily contact APA for that, since we have
privileged chanells through my Institute.

nelson.

--
Nelson Marques <07721@ipam.pt>