Old 03-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Alexander Todorov

Default Is httpdisc/ftpdisc possible with DVD?

Hi all,
is httpdisc/ftpdisc install method supported in F12/RHEL6 ?
Is this supported with DVD as well (dvd mounted under tree/disk1)?

If not supported is there any documentation/wiki page describing that this was
removed and in which version?

Thanks,
Alexander.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Chris Lumens

> is httpdisc/ftpdisc install method supported in F12/RHEL6 ?
> Is this supported with DVD as well (dvd mounted under tree/disk1)?
>
> If not supported is there any documentation/wiki page describing that this was
> removed and in which version?

These methods have not been supported since the following commit:

commit 5cbccd4ae90400dc290b64fff53df25237310b40
Author: Chris Lumens <clumens@redhat.com>
Date: Tue Jun 12 18:45:38 2007 +0000

Split loopback ISO method is no longer supported. Good riddance.

I do not know of any documentation describing this.

- Chris