-   -   FWN: Announcement Beat (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-marketing/345232-fwn-announcement-beat.html)

Pascal Calarco 03-22-2010 12:49 PM

FWN: Announcement Beat

On 03/22/2010 09:35 AM, Rashadul Islam wrote:
Dear Editors:

The announcement beat will be updated within 36 hours from now. Please
hold the announcements.

Thanking you,

Rashadul Islam

irashadul@gmail.com

rislam@irc.freenode.net

GPG KEY: 5557BFAC

Fingerprint=CFB7 CAEC 157A 308A F9CE CE00 3620 8084 5557 BFAC

url: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RashadulIslam

Hi Rashadul and FWN Team --

The beats are usually submitted by sometime before about 18:00 UTC on
Mondays, and usually what beat writers do is if they can't get a beat
in by then, we skip that week and hold for the following week.

As of right now, we only have two beats in, Planet and Security
Advisories.*

Are there other writers who also need more time?* Larry, Adam W.,
Neville, Ryan, what are your plans for this issue?* We have a couple
choices:

1) Change FWN release date to be Tuesday or Wednesday this week only

2) Change FWN release date to be Tuesday or Wednesday permanently, to
give people more time at the beginning of the week to complete their
beats

3) Skip this next issue if we do not have enough content to warrant an
issue

4) Move to a biweekly format (once every two weeks), coming out on
either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday

I'd suggest that I have noted a couple trends over the past year or so:

1) some writers are finding it hard to sustain a weekly time commitment
to produce a beat

2) it is hard to attract new beat writers because of the time commitment

3) there is often not enough content in some beats to warrant a weekly
beat

I am also cross-posting this to the Marketing list as folks there might
have some useful ideas.* What would be the impact, do you think, of FWN
moving to a bi-weekly frequency?* Thanks for everyone's thoughts!

* - pascal

----

Pascal Calarco

Editor, Fedora Weekly News