-   -   press adress (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-marketing/344660-press-adress.html)

wonderer 03-21-2010 02:31 AM

press adress

hy there,

does anybody know who gets mails send to press@fp.o ?! I think right now
it is forward to someone.
If possible we should here have some kind of Mailinglist (anybody can
send to it, 3-5 people should send-back in behalf of that mailadress;
answers should always go in cc to the list back) so we all know what is
going on for PR work and we all can react or put infos in.
What do you think?

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer@fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6 3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0

susmit shannigrahi 03-21-2010 03:13 AM

press adress

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM, wonderer <wonderer4711@gmx.de> wrote:
> hy there,
>
> does anybody know who gets mails send to press@fp.o ?! I think right now
> it is forward to someone.

pfrields, mspevack, and a couple of RH guys.

Susmit.

"Paul W. Frields" 03-22-2010 01:06 AM

press adress

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 09:43:17AM +0530, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM, wonderer <wonderer4711@gmx.de> wrote:
> > hy there,
> >
> > does anybody know who gets mails send to press@fp.o ?! I think right now
> > it is forward to someone.
>
> pfrields, mspevack, and a couple of RH guys.

The two Red Hat people listed are Kara, who's responsible for Fedora
PR inside Red Hat, and Caroline, who used to do this job and is a
backup point of contact when Kara is unavailable.

That brings up another point -- where are we currently advertising the
"press" email address, other than here?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Contact
http://fedoraproject.org/contact

The majority of the email we receive at that address is not press
email. I answer almost everything that comes in at press@fp.o, but
it's often people looking for user help.

David Nalley 03-22-2010 01:13 AM

press adress

"Paul W. Frields" 03-22-2010 02:43 AM

press adress

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:13:33PM -0400, David Nalley wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:06 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> >> pfrields, mspevack, and a couple of RH guys.
> >
> > The two Red Hat people listed are Kara, who's responsible for Fedora
> > PR inside Red Hat, and Caroline, who used to do this job and is a
> > backup point of contact when Kara is unavailable.
> >
> > That brings up another point -- where are we currently advertising the
> > "press" email address, other than here?
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Contact
> > http://fedoraproject.org/contact
> >

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/PublicEvents
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_press_archive
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_press_material
>
> show up on the first page of a google search for:
> press@fedoraproject.org site:fedoraproject.org

Thanks -- the first is very old so I marked it with {{old}}. Nothing
links to it so it's not a bad candidate for archiving/deletion.

wonderer 03-22-2010 02:54 AM

press adress

Am 22.03.2010 03:06, schrieb Paul W. Frields:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 09:43:17AM +0530, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM, wonderer <wonderer4711@gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>>> hy there,
>>>
>>> does anybody know who gets mails send to press@fp.o ?! I think right now
>>> it is forward to someone.
>>>
>> pfrields, mspevack, and a couple of RH guys.
>>
> The two Red Hat people listed are Kara, who's responsible for Fedora
> PR inside Red Hat, and Caroline, who used to do this job and is a
> backup point of contact when Kara is unavailable.
>
> That brings up another point -- where are we currently advertising the
> "press" email address, other than here?
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Contact
> http://fedoraproject.org/contact

We "should" advertise them on all pages which belongs to press related
stuff. I assume we will have the press e-mail also in ALL our upcoming
presskits as well.
> The majority of the email we receive at that address is not press
> email. I answer almost everything that comes in at press@fp.o, but
> it's often people looking for user help.

Thats a point where we should more canalize the infos that not all
"normal" user questions will come here.

"Paul W. Frields" 03-22-2010 12:49 PM

press adress

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 04:54:19AM +0100, wonderer wrote:
> Am 22.03.2010 03:06, schrieb Paul W. Frields:

> >> pfrields, mspevack, and a couple of RH guys.
> >>
> > The two Red Hat people listed are Kara, who's responsible for Fedora
> > PR inside Red Hat, and Caroline, who used to do this job and is a
> > backup point of contact when Kara is unavailable.
> >
> > That brings up another point -- where are we currently advertising the
> > "press" email address, other than here?
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Contact
> > http://fedoraproject.org/contact
> >
> We "should" advertise them on all pages which belongs to press related
> stuff. I assume we will have the press e-mail also in ALL our upcoming
> presskits as well.

I agree.

> > The majority of the email we receive at that address is not press
> > email. I answer almost everything that comes in at press@fp.o, but
> > it's often people looking for user help.
> >
> Thats a point where we should more canalize the infos that not all
> "normal" user questions will come here.

I think the place we're not doing that well is on the fp.o website:
http://fedoraproject.org/contact

I'll make a note to send in a website change for this, so it's clear
that the address isn't for user help questions. We do that on the
wiki [[Contact]] page, for instance.

Max Spevack 03-22-2010 06:24 PM

press adress

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> The majority of the email we receive at that address is not press
> email. I answer almost everything that comes in at press@fp.o, but
> it's often people looking for user help.

96% is spam.

3% is people looking for help.

1% is actual press inquiries.

--Max