FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Marketing

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-19-2010, 06:10 AM
Mel Chua
 
Default Press kit next-actions

I originally had this on my to-do list, but I think Henrik may actually
be taking them on (based on FAD conversations), so I'm writing my notes
here so that he'll either (1) pick them up and tell me what I'm doing
wrong, or (2) let me know I'm incorrect and actually need to write this SOP.

The things that need to happen (all linked from
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Release_deliverables):

* The F13 press kit (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_press_kit) has a
customer (Paul, for the Red Hat Summit in June) - we also need to know
specs and a due date for "deliverables" for that.

* The F13 press kit needs to be finished for Paul in time.

* The F13 press kit needs remixing instructions so it can be used for
other F13-promoting events after the Red Hat Summit.

* The description of what a press kit is needs to be written:
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Press_kit&action=edit&redlink=1
is the page to add content to, and

* The SOP for press kits needs to be written:
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Press_kit_SOP&action=edit&redlink= 1
is the page to add content to.

I think that's it; the rest is a bit of wiki gardening we can take care
of later. Henrik (or anyone else), thoughts?

--Mel
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-19-2010, 02:48 PM
wonderer
 
Default Press kit next-actions

Hy,

actually I'm plowing through the texts and putting the modules together,
mix in a bit of designs, etc. I think that will be my work over the weekend.
The list you put together is a good basic for the SOP
- customer / Eventowner / etc. comes with the need.
- plowing through existing modules of presskit and review them
- writing / editing the modules
- deliver the modules


mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer@fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6 3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0


Am 19.03.2010 08:10, schrieb Mel Chua:
> I originally had this on my to-do list, but I think Henrik may actually
> be taking them on (based on FAD conversations), so I'm writing my notes
> here so that he'll either (1) pick them up and tell me what I'm doing
> wrong, or (2) let me know I'm incorrect and actually need to write this SOP.
>
> The things that need to happen (all linked from
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Release_deliverables):
>
> * The F13 press kit (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_press_kit) has a
> customer (Paul, for the Red Hat Summit in June) - we also need to know
> specs and a due date for "deliverables" for that.
>
> * The F13 press kit needs to be finished for Paul in time.
>
> * The F13 press kit needs remixing instructions so it can be used for
> other F13-promoting events after the Red Hat Summit.
>
> * The description of what a press kit is needs to be written:
> https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Press_kit&action=edit&redlink=1
> is the page to add content to, and
>
> * The SOP for press kits needs to be written:
> https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Press_kit_SOP&action=edit&redlink= 1
> is the page to add content to.
>
> I think that's it; the rest is a bit of wiki gardening we can take care
> of later. Henrik (or anyone else), thoughts?
>
> --Mel
>

--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-19-2010, 03:01 PM
wonderer
 
Default Press kit next-actions

Hy,
> * The description of what a press kit is needs to be written:
> https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Press_kit&action=edit&redlink=1
> is the page to add content to, and
>

done.


mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer@fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6 3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0


--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-22-2010, 12:53 AM
"Paul W. Frields"
 
Default Press kit next-actions

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 05:01:01PM +0100, wonderer wrote:
> Hy,
> > * The description of what a press kit is needs to be written:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Press_kit&action=edit&redlink=1
> > is the page to add content to, and
> >
>
> done.

I did a preliminary check-in with the Summit organizers, and they may
have a printer vendor who can give us quotes and work on the assembly.
The Summit organizers also indicated they would be willing to have our
kits given out to attendees if that's what we want to do.

We can safely assume the print vendor will have a timeline on which
they're working for all other Summit materials, so we can use their
timeline to decide whether we can finish in time for the Summit. If
that timeline doesn't work for us, that simply means we don't give
them out at the event, but we can continue working on the materials
for later events.

Having a proper kit in the foreseeable future is more important to me
than giving one out at the Summit. But if we can do both without
driving Henrik or anyone else on the team crazy, I'm all for it! :-)

--
Paul W. Frields http://paul.frields.org/
gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
http://redhat.com/ - - - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Mel Chua
 
Default Press kit next-actions

> We can safely assume the print vendor will have a timeline on which
> they're working for all other Summit materials, so we can use their
> timeline to decide whether we can finish in time for the Summit. If
> that timeline doesn't work for us, that simply means we don't give
> them out at the event, but we can continue working on the materials
> for later events.

Okeydokey - this sounds great. (Wow, press kit has momentum!)

Do we have an idea of what that timeline might be? Or when we might
know it by? We can put it down as an agenda item for the Marketing
meeting after we'll know that information, to check in at that point and
see what's sane for us to do.

--Mel
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-22-2010, 03:21 PM
"Paul W. Frields"
 
Default Press kit next-actions

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 11:41:38AM -0400, Mel Chua wrote:
> > We can safely assume the print vendor will have a timeline on which
> > they're working for all other Summit materials, so we can use their
> > timeline to decide whether we can finish in time for the Summit. If
> > that timeline doesn't work for us, that simply means we don't give
> > them out at the event, but we can continue working on the materials
> > for later events.
>
> Okeydokey - this sounds great. (Wow, press kit has momentum!)
>
> Do we have an idea of what that timeline might be? Or when we might
> know it by? We can put it down as an agenda item for the Marketing
> meeting after we'll know that information, to check in at that point and
> see what's sane for us to do.

Just waiting to hear back from the Summit folks, hopefully not more
than 24 hours or so off. I'll try to have the answer by meeting time
tomorrow if possible.

--
Paul W. Frields http://paul.frields.org/
gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
http://redhat.com/ - - - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:13 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org