FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Marketing

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Max Spevack
 
Default prep for Marketing FAD

Marketers,

I have gone through the Marketing FAD page and updated every section of
it.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010

Please take a look, with the following things in mind:

* Is your status properly reflected on the attendees section? This is
particularly important as we plan for Saturday's social event.

* Do you own a day? If so, what do you think about how your day is
shaping up? I have purposefully tried to break the day into sections
rather than specific blocks of time, because I think that still keeps
things relatively constrained, but frees us from the panic of having
too-specific of a schedule.

* Several of the days (brand, video, and PR) depend on some Red Hat
folks being available. Based on their availability, we might swap the
order of days around. So be flexible!

Let's use that page, and this thread, as we work toward the start of the
Marketing FAD on Saturday.

Looking forward to seeing all of you.

--Max
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Max Spevack
 
Default prep for Marketing FAD

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Max Spevack wrote:

> I have gone through the Marketing FAD page and updated every section
> of it.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010
>
> Please take a look, with the following things in mind:
>
> * Is your status properly reflected on the attendees section? This is
> particularly important as we plan for Saturday's social event.
>
> * Do you own a day? If so, what do you think about how your day is
> shaping up? I have purposefully tried to break the day into sections
> rather than specific blocks of time, because I think that still keeps
> things relatively constrained, but frees us from the panic of having
> too-specific of a schedule.
>
> * Several of the days (brand, video, and PR) depend on some Red Hat
> folks being available. Based on their availability, we might swap the
> order of days around. So be flexible!
>
> Let's use that page, and this thread, as we work toward the start of
> the Marketing FAD on Saturday.

Also, we can discuss anything that needs discussion at tomorrow's
marketing meeting.

--Max
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Robyn Bergeron
 
Default prep for Marketing FAD

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Max Spevack wrote:
>
>> I have gone through the Marketing FAD page and updated every section
>> of it.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010
>>
>> Please take a look, with the following things in mind:
>>
>> * Is your status properly reflected on the attendees section? *This is
>> particularly important as we plan for Saturday's social event.
>>
>> * Do you own a day? *If so, what do you think about how your day is
>> shaping up? *I have purposefully tried to break the day into sections
>> rather than specific blocks of time, because I think that still keeps
>> things relatively constrained, but frees us from the panic of having
>> too-specific of a schedule.
>>
>> * Several of the days (brand, video, and PR) depend on some Red Hat
>> folks being available. *Based on their availability, we might swap the
>> order of days around. *So be flexible!
>>
>> Let's use that page, and this thread, as we work toward the start of
>> the Marketing FAD on Saturday.
>
> Also, we can discuss anything that needs discussion at tomorrow's
> marketing meeting.

It's on the agenda (just double-checked, thanks Mel and Henrik!) -
also, if anyone wants to give some thoughts to what tools we need on
our computers when we get to the FAD, so we can hit the ground
running... that is on the agenda as well.

Max: thanks for kicking off the FAD countdown and prep

-Robyn

>
> --Max
> --
> marketing mailing list
> marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
>
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Robyn Bergeron
 
Default prep for Marketing FAD

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Max Spevack wrote:
>
>> I have gone through the Marketing FAD page and updated every section
>> of it.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010
>>
>> Please take a look, with the following things in mind:
>>
>> * Is your status properly reflected on the attendees section? *This is
>> particularly important as we plan for Saturday's social event.
>>
>> * Do you own a day? *If so, what do you think about how your day is
>> shaping up? *I have purposefully tried to break the day into sections
>> rather than specific blocks of time, because I think that still keeps
>> things relatively constrained, but frees us from the panic of having
>> too-specific of a schedule.
>>
>> * Several of the days (brand, video, and PR) depend on some Red Hat
>> folks being available. *Based on their availability, we might swap the
>> order of days around. *So be flexible!

Speaking of video - do we have a handle on any equipment we need being
available? I see on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010#Day_3_.28Monday.2C_March_15.29
that we'll be getting introduced to Red Hat's video team ... are they
going to be sharing equipment with us, helping out, etc?

>>
>> Let's use that page, and this thread, as we work toward the start of
>> the Marketing FAD on Saturday.
>
> Also, we can discuss anything that needs discussion at tomorrow's
> marketing meeting.
>
> --Max
> --
> marketing mailing list
> marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
>
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-09-2010, 02:44 AM
David Nalley
 
Default prep for Marketing FAD

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1



On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Max Spevack wrote:
> Marketers,
>
> I have gone through the Marketing FAD page and updated every section of
> it.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010
>
> Please take a look, with the following things in mind:
>
> * Is your status properly reflected on the attendees section? This is
> particularly important as we plan for Saturday's social event.
>
> * Do you own a day? If so, what do you think about how your day is
> shaping up? I have purposefully tried to break the day into sections
> rather than specific blocks of time, because I think that still keeps
> things relatively constrained, but frees us from the panic of having
> too-specific of a schedule.
>
> * Several of the days (brand, video, and PR) depend on some Red Hat
> folks being available. Based on their availability, we might swap the
> order of days around. So be flexible!
>
> Let's use that page, and this thread, as we work toward the start of the
> Marketing FAD on Saturday.
>
> Looking forward to seeing all of you.
>
> --Max
> --
> marketing mailing list
> marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
>

Since the agenda typically covers less than 1/2 of the available hours
of any day during the FAD, and we always tend to congregate in the
lobby in the evening hacking on stuff anyway, rrix and I added an
optional "late late show" section to the first two nights.
We are going to do some really basic and simple packaging instruction
on the first night that we've termed 'Packaging by and for dummies'
riffing on stickster's Git talk of the same meme. No we won't keep you
up REALLY late - most likely just an hour or two after dinner.

The second night we're actually going to try and do some packaging
(hopefully using the stuff we learned the previous night) and package
reviews for the limesurvey dependencies.
This is of course optional - you are welcome to do your own thing, but
I've noticed a number of people within marketing talking about wanting
to learn packaging, so here's your chance. If you're already a
packager, feel free to jump in and help us teach.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Use GnuPG with Firefox : http://getfiregpg.org (Version: 0.7.10)

iEYEARECAAYFAkuVxDcACgkQkZOYj+cNI1cKCgCdHy4xm2CJGY 8/OXOs8qFRog2F
318AnRmWXrsn6wNlN9ycjWJHWoauMkTk
=0z2T
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-09-2010, 08:59 AM
wonderer
 
Default prep for Marketing FAD

Hy,
>>> * Several of the days (brand, video, and PR) depend on some Red Hat
>>> folks being available. Based on their availability, we might swap the
>>> order of days around. So be flexible!
>>>
> Speaking of video - do we have a handle on any equipment we need being
> available? I see on
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010#Day_3_.28Monday.2C_March_15.29
> that we'll be getting introduced to Red Hat's video team ... are they
> going to be sharing equipment with us, helping out, etc?
>
That would be a very good idea, because I'm planning to do some
photoshoots. So, if they are willing to share some Lights and stuff that
would be REALLY cool.
I also attend to do some podcasting recording stuff for later, so if
there is a small but quiet room available that would be awsome.
Also if there are any "historic" Fedora Swag available (Fedora CDs from
the beginning, Shirts, Buttons, Stickers, etc.) please bring with you!
Thanks.


best regards
H. Heigl - wonderer at fedoraproject.org
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-09-2010, 09:18 AM
"Neville A. Cross"
 
Default prep for Marketing FAD

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 10:59 AM, wonderer <wonderer4711@gmx.de> wrote:
> That would be a very good idea, because I'm planning to do some
> photoshoots. So, if they are willing to share some Lights and stuff that
> would be REALLY cool.
> I also attend to do some podcasting recording stuff for later, so if
> there is a small but quiet room available that would be awsome.
> Also if there are any "historic" Fedora Swag available (Fedora CDs from
> the beginning, Shirts, Buttons, Stickers, etc.) please bring with you!
> Thanks.
>

I will love to record some audio clips for podcasting at later time. A
quiet room will be great.
I have audacity, and I have sen a bit how it works, but still not a
proficient user.

Best regards to all of you

--
Neville
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Yn1v
Linux User # 473217

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check: http://www.clickmanagua.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-09-2010, 12:34 PM
John Poelstra
 
Default prep for Marketing FAD

Robyn Bergeron said the following on 03/08/2010 03:53 PM Pacific Time:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Max Spevack<mspevack@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Also, we can discuss anything that needs discussion at tomorrow's
>> marketing meeting.
>
> It's on the agenda (just double-checked, thanks Mel and Henrik!) -
> also, if anyone wants to give some thoughts to what tools we need on
> our computers when we get to the FAD, so we can hit the ground
> running... that is on the agenda as well.
>
> Max: thanks for kicking off the FAD countdown and prep
>
> -Robyn

Is there a good way to indicate remote participation and at what time?
I would definitely like to participate remotely for part of Saturday and
and part of Sunday.

John
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Pascal Calarco
 
Default prep for Marketing FAD

On 03/09/2010 08:34 AM, John Poelstra wrote:
> Robyn Bergeron said the following on 03/08/2010 03:53 PM Pacific Time:
>> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Max Spevack<mspevack@redhat.com> wrote:
>>> Also, we can discuss anything that needs discussion at tomorrow's
>>> marketing meeting.
>>
>> It's on the agenda (just double-checked, thanks Mel and Henrik!) -
>> also, if anyone wants to give some thoughts to what tools we need on
>> our computers when we get to the FAD, so we can hit the ground
>> running... that is on the agenda as well.
>>
>> Max: thanks for kicking off the FAD countdown and prep
>>
>> -Robyn
>
> Is there a good way to indicate remote participation and at what time?
> I would definitely like to participate remotely for part of Saturday and
> and part of Sunday.
>
> John

+1. I plan to participate remotely as well.

- pascal
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Max Spevack
 
Default prep for Marketing FAD

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, John Poelstra wrote:

> Is there a good way to indicate remote participation and at what time?
> I would definitely like to participate remotely for part of Saturday
> and and part of Sunday.

I'd say just note it in the sections that you want to participate in,
and we'll be sure that we get you on the phone before we start that
time.

We'll be in #fedora-fad at all times.

--Max
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:13 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org