Old 03-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Max Spevack

Default prep for Marketing FAD

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Robyn Bergeron wrote:

> Speaking of video - do we have a handle on any equipment we need being
> available? I see on
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010#Day_3_.28Monday.2C_March_15.29
> that we'll be getting introduced to Red Hat's video team ... are they
> going to be sharing equipment with us, helping out, etc?

I'm waiting for a final confirmation from them, but yes, that's the
plan. We want to take advantage of all their nice equipment and
expertise if we can.

--Max

Old 03-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Max Spevack

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Max Spevack wrote:

> * Several of the days (brand, video, and PR) depend on some Red Hat
> folks being available. Based on their availability, we might swap the
> order of days around. So be flexible!

The video and PR days have already been swapped, to accomodate Kara's
schedule.

Current plan:

Day 1 -- Strategy

Day 2 -- Brand

Day 3 -- PR

Day 4 -- Video. We'll have to be smart on day 4 to make sure that we
get everything we need before folks start to disperse to the airport.

--Max

Old 03-09-2010, 03:14 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 10:40:49AM -0500, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Max Spevack wrote:
>
> > * Several of the days (brand, video, and PR) depend on some Red Hat
> > folks being available. Based on their availability, we might swap the
> > order of days around. So be flexible!
>
> The video and PR days have already been swapped, to accomodate Kara's
> schedule.
>
> Current plan:
>
> Day 1 -- Strategy
>
> Day 2 -- Brand
>
> Day 3 -- PR
>
> Day 4 -- Video. We'll have to be smart on day 4 to make sure that we
> get everything we need before folks start to disperse to the airport.

OK, when I last spoke to the Red Hat video team last week they were
aware of Monday as our video day. I'll let them we've switched
dates. I'm not sure what this is going to do to their availability,
hopefully it won't change.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Robyn Bergeron

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 10:40:49AM -0500, Max Spevack wrote:
>> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Max Spevack wrote:
>>
>> > * Several of the days (brand, video, and PR) depend on some Red Hat
>> > folks being available. *Based on their availability, we might swap the
>> > order of days around. *So be flexible!
>>
>> The video and PR days have already been swapped, to accomodate Kara's
>> schedule.
>>
>> Current plan:
>>
>> Day 1 -- Strategy
>>
>> Day 2 -- Brand
>>
>> Day 3 -- PR
>>
>> Day 4 -- Video. *We'll have to be smart on day 4 to make sure that we
>> get everything we need before folks start to disperse to the airport.
>
> OK, when I last spoke to the Red Hat video team last week they were
> aware of Monday as our video day. *I'll let them we've switched
> dates. *I'm not sure what this is going to do to their availability,
> hopefully it won't change.

I know that at least Ryan, Henrik, and I are in town through ~3pm
Wednesday - if we have any loose ends, more filming to do, etc. I am
available to help out through probably noon that day.

Assuming I can has ride, of course.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Robyn Bergeron

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Max Spevack wrote:
>
>> I have gone through the Marketing FAD page and updated every section
>> of it.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010
>>
>> Please take a look, with the following things in mind:
>>
>> * Is your status properly reflected on the attendees section? *This is
>> particularly important as we plan for Saturday's social event.
>>
>> * Do you own a day? *If so, what do you think about how your day is
>> shaping up? *I have purposefully tried to break the day into sections
>> rather than specific blocks of time, because I think that still keeps
>> things relatively constrained, but frees us from the panic of having
>> too-specific of a schedule.
>>
>> * Several of the days (brand, video, and PR) depend on some Red Hat
>> folks being available. *Based on their availability, we might swap the
>> order of days around. *So be flexible!
>>
>> Let's use that page, and this thread, as we work toward the start of
>> the Marketing FAD on Saturday.
>
> Also, we can discuss anything that needs discussion at tomorrow's
> marketing meeting.

Just a quick note here:

I added the following section to the wikipage:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010#Pre-FAD_Actions

One of my actions for things to work on pre-FAD is to figure out where
we are WRT Marketing Plan work; there has been a lot of discussion
about it on the mailing list; I would like to make sure that any work
we are doing is in sync with everything that has been discussed. I
noted it on the FAD page, so that I can get it done, and everyone can
hold me accountable.

Anything else that needs to get done in terms of fixing wiki pages,
etc. prior to FAD-time - we should go ahead and list the action items
(at least, that is my suggestion - feel free to suggest other ideas!).
If it is yours, put your name in; if it is something that needs to
get done, but doesn't yet have an owner, let's note that as well.

I suppose I should add to the list that I need to bring cookies for
everyone I am cookie-indebted to.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:48 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 10:39:02AM -0500, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>
> > Speaking of video - do we have a handle on any equipment we need being
> > available? I see on
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010#Day_3_.28Monday.2C_March_15.29
> > that we'll be getting introduced to Red Hat's video team ... are they
> > going to be sharing equipment with us, helping out, etc?
>
> I'm waiting for a final confirmation from them, but yes, that's the
> plan. We want to take advantage of all their nice equipment and
> expertise if we can.

The overall fleshing out of the FAD page is fantastic. I saw some
other email that showed the video team has been updated on the
schedule change, so thank you.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:57 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 09:25:10AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> The video and PR days have already been swapped, to accomodate Kara's
> >> schedule.
> >>
> >> Current plan:
> >>
> >> Day 1 -- Strategy
> >>
> >> Day 2 -- Brand
> >>
> >> Day 3 -- PR
> >>
> >> Day 4 -- Video. *We'll have to be smart on day 4 to make sure that we
> >> get everything we need before folks start to disperse to the airport.
> >
> > OK, when I last spoke to the Red Hat video team last week they were
> > aware of Monday as our video day. *I'll let them we've switched
> > dates. *I'm not sure what this is going to do to their availability,
> > hopefully it won't change.
>
> I know that at least Ryan, Henrik, and I are in town through ~3pm
> Wednesday - if we have any loose ends, more filming to do, etc. I am
> available to help out through probably noon that day.
>
> Assuming I can has ride, of course.

I had some separate email showing they're up to date on our schedule.
Thanks Max for helping out there!

Old 03-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Robyn Bergeron

I added a bit to PR day in the afternoon - threw in a bit about how to
"better harness social networking" (I feel like I should put on a suit
and tie after that sentence, whew!). I'd also like for stickster or
someone more knowing than myself to cover the whole
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Link_tracking that we have going on -
specifically, the part where we actually look at where our referrals
are coming from, what plan of action we might take in the future as a
result, etc.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:25 AM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 04:52:46PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> I added a bit to PR day in the afternoon - threw in a bit about how to
> "better harness social networking" (I feel like I should put on a suit
> and tie after that sentence, whew!). I'd also like for stickster or
> someone more knowing than myself to cover the whole
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Link_tracking that we have going on -
> specifically, the part where we actually look at where our referrals
> are coming from, what plan of action we might take in the future as a
> result, etc.

I will be happy to take ownership of that issue. Specifically I'm
thinking of:

* how to educate all the members of the Marketing team for a
consistent SOP and approach for F13 Beta and GA

* what sort of measurements we might want from the logs

* how we can use that information to influence the list of materials
we produce in the Marketing team

For instance, if we find that a large proportion of our clicks to
download are coming from one document we produce for a release, and
very few from another, we might want to use that information to decide
to dig deeper into numbers of actual wiki/web page visits. If we
found that the second page actually got very few visits, we could
re-evaluate whether we want to keep producing it, or whether we should
revamp the way it's used or linked to.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Russell Harrison

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 4:59 AM, wonderer <wonderer4711@gmx.de> wrote:
> That would be a very good idea, because I'm planning to do some
> photoshoots. So, if they are willing to share some Lights and stuff that
> would be REALLY cool.

I've got two off camera strobes with wireless triggers I'll bring with
me. If anyone else has a flash that connects via the camera hot shoe
or PC sync cable I can use the triggers with them as well to give even
more options.

Russell