FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Marketing

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-08-2010, 10:03 PM
"Paul W. Frields"
 
Default Release announcement

I did some last minute editing on the F13 Alpha release announcement
and hope that it meets with people's approval:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_Alpha_release_announcement

If I don't hear any big outcry, I'll remove the draft notice and we
can proceed to using this text tomorrow!

--
Paul W. Frields http://paul.frields.org/
gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
http://redhat.com/ - - - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Robyn Bergeron
 
Default Release announcement

I have no objections with what is here. I did some uber-nit-picky
adding of periods to the names of some of the bullet-point items in
the Admin section just to keep unity with the other bullet-point
items.

That said: It does seem... somewhat ... reminiscent of the F12 alpha
announcement Are there any objections if I re-personalize the intro
a bit this evening?

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did some last minute editing on the F13 Alpha release announcement
> and hope that it meets with people's approval:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_Alpha_release_announcement
>
> If I don't hear any big outcry, I'll remove the draft notice and we
> can proceed to using this text tomorrow!
>
> --
> Paul W. Frields * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *http://paul.frields.org/
> *gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 *5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
> *http://redhat.com/ * - *- *- *- * http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
> * * * * *Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com
> --
> marketing mailing list
> marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
>
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 03-08-2010, 11:22 PM
"Paul W. Frields"
 
Default Release announcement

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 05:10:29PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> I have no objections with what is here. I did some uber-nit-picky
> adding of periods to the names of some of the bullet-point items in
> the Admin section just to keep unity with the other bullet-point
> items.
>
> That said: It does seem... somewhat ... reminiscent of the F12 alpha
> announcement Are there any objections if I re-personalize the intro
> a bit this evening?

No objections at all here. Go for it!


--
Paul W. Frields http://paul.frields.org/
gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
http://redhat.com/ - - - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 04-27-2010, 08:46 PM
"Paul W. Frields"
 
Default Release announcement

Rahul helpfully reminded us that we did *not* do a 'whimsical' release
announcement last release. I agree we shouldn't restart that, either,
and any contrary advice I gave at the last meeting was wrong, wrong,
wrong! :-)

Ryan, it would be better to work with Rahul on the following wiki
page, which we'll use as the canonical release announcement text for
everywhere, including our mailing lists.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_announcement

--
Paul W. Frields http://paul.frields.org/
gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
http://redhat.com/ - - - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 04-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Nelson Marques
 
Default Release announcement

Paul,

I would like to work for this as well if there are no objections from
the people.

I would like also to know if we can speculate about the audience who
will be reading this and if it should be aimed for those segments.

In addition in which format and support are we going to use it? Using
any support media?

nelson


On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 16:46 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Rahul helpfully reminded us that we did *not* do a 'whimsical' release
> announcement last release. I agree we shouldn't restart that, either,
> and any contrary advice I gave at the last meeting was wrong, wrong,
> wrong! :-)
>
> Ryan, it would be better to work with Rahul on the following wiki
> page, which we'll use as the canonical release announcement text for
> everywhere, including our mailing lists.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_announcement
>
> --
> Paul W. Frields http://paul.frields.org/
> gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
> http://redhat.com/ - - - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
> Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com

--
Nelson Marques
Evil Clown (http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/evilclown.htm)

--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 04-28-2010, 04:47 AM
Ryan Rix
 
Default Release announcement

On Tue 27 April 2010 1:46:31 pm Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Rahul helpfully reminded us that we did *not* do a 'whimsical' release
> announcement last release. I agree we shouldn't restart that, either,
> and any contrary advice I gave at the last meeting was wrong, wrong,
> wrong! :-)
>
> Ryan, it would be better to work with Rahul on the following wiki
> page, which we'll use as the canonical release announcement text for
> everywhere, including our mailing lists.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_announcement

Sorry for the delay in catching this, quite the deluge today; That sounds
like a good plan, and I'm with ya on it! I've never really got the whimsical
edge when it comes to writing long things. I can be witty in short bursts,
but that is about it

Ryan

--
Ryan Rix
== http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://rix.si/ ==
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 04-28-2010, 03:20 PM
"Paul W. Frields"
 
Default Release announcement

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 09:47:50PM -0700, Ryan Rix wrote:
> On Tue 27 April 2010 1:46:31 pm Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > Rahul helpfully reminded us that we did *not* do a 'whimsical' release
> > announcement last release. I agree we shouldn't restart that, either,
> > and any contrary advice I gave at the last meeting was wrong, wrong,
> > wrong! :-)
> >
> > Ryan, it would be better to work with Rahul on the following wiki
> > page, which we'll use as the canonical release announcement text for
> > everywhere, including our mailing lists.
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_announcement
>
> Sorry for the delay in catching this, quite the deluge today; That sounds
> like a good plan, and I'm with ya on it! I've never really got the whimsical
> edge when it comes to writing long things. I can be witty in short bursts,
> but that is about it

Great. Anyone can help you and Rahul with this, Ryan.

The announcement should be simple and not overloaded with a lot of
general information about Fedora. Making the text TL;DR won't help us
much on the marketing front IMHO. So for instance, this is not a
place to write about the core values of the Fedora Project. The
announcement is similar to a press release and simply covers the
actual release of Fedora 13 and a selection of major changes since the
previous release.

The announcement goes out in a couple forms:

* our official announcement mailing lists in plaintext form, where
it's picked up by a lot of community press outlets

* linked from the Red Hat press blog

In service of the first bullet, I rearranged the text toward the end
to resemble a press release, with press contact info at the tail.
That should be where reporters generally look for that information,
since it's customary for formal press releases.



--
Paul W. Frields http://paul.frields.org/
gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
http://redhat.com/ - - - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 10-27-2010, 01:32 PM
"Paul W. Frields"
 
Default Release announcement

I talked to Jared yesterday and he confirmed he'll help to finish the
community release announcement[1] for F14 GA, and the Red Hat press
release that goes out day-and-date.

* * *
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_14_announcement

--
Paul W. Frields http://paul.frields.org/
gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
http://redhat.com/ - - - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 10-28-2010, 12:28 PM
"Eric "Sparks" Christensen"
 
Default Release announcement

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 09:32, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> I talked to Jared yesterday and he confirmed he'll help to finish the
> community release announcement[1] for F14 GA, and the Red Hat press
> release that goes out day-and-date.
>
> * * *
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_14_announcement

Paul,
I know I put the word out last night at Docs for folks to go over and
make additions/changes. Hopefully we can get everything in there that
we want and perhaps we can find someone to be funny.

--Eric
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 10-28-2010, 03:27 PM
"Jared K. Smith"
 
Default Release announcement

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Eric "Sparks" Christensen
<sparks@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I know I put the word out last night at Docs for folks to go over and
> make additions/changes. *Hopefully we can get everything in there that
> we want and perhaps we can find someone to be funny.

Thanks Eric! I'm not all that funny (unless you count funny-looking)!

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:20 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org