Old 03-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Mel Chua

Default Introduction: Colin Zwiebel

On 03/08/2010 11:23 AM, Colin Zwiebel wrote:
> Hi, my name is /Colin Zwiebel/ and I live in /Needham, MA/ (near
> Boston). My Fedora Account System (FAS) username is /computercolin/, and
> my IRC nick is /computercolin/.
>
> I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through /Mel Chua, /and am
> interested in joining because /I love OSS, would like it to expand with
> average users, and am interested in seeing how it is being marketed/.
>
> I worked last year on OLPC for a period of time, organizing a Jam-style
> event. Though I've used many Linux variants, and submit bug reports
> regularly, this is my first time really contributing to a FOSS community.
>
> This is the first Marketing project I have worked on!
>
> My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:
>
> (Marketing Skills) - _Graphics, event organization_
> (Other Skills) - _web-application development_
> I'd also like to learn /strategy and big picturing thinking/.
> When I'm not working on Fedora, I am /playing at F. W. Olin College of
> Engineering/.
>
> A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are
> /reach more "average" users and/
> /Better inspire hackers and developers to create great OSS software/.
>
> I would also like to see
> /Fedora and OSS in general become a more natural community for young
> tech-oriented people to join (IE, the Facebook generation)/
>
> I am wondering about
> /the focus of F13 and how this gets set/
> /how projects are organized within Fedora, who designers, developers,
> leaders interact./
>
> If you have any tips for exploring the community, let me know!
>
> Colin
> http://zonion.org

Welcome, Colin! Great to see you here. I've approved your FAS
membership, and you'll be seeing a firehose of information over the next
few weeks as we continue cranking out deliverables
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Release_deliverables) for the
upcoming F13 release. Feel free to dive in, ask questions, etc - that's
how we all started, and how we all learn.

We often hang out on IRC (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/IRC) in the
#fedora-mktg channel on irc.freenode.net.

Folks - Colin is going to be starting by helping us with marketing of
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_Coding_SIG activities over the next
2 weeks (mostly the week after this one, during spring break). We'll see
him around IRC once school gets out.

--Mel

Old 03-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Nelson Marques

Welcome Collin.

I'm Nelson, Marketing Management student from Portugal.

nelson.