Old 03-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Colin Zwiebel

Default Introduction: Colin Zwiebel

Hi, my name is Colin Zwiebel and I live in Needham, MA (near Boston). My Fedora Account System (FAS) username is computercolin, and my IRC nick is computercolin.
I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through Mel Chua,*and am interested in joining because I love OSS, would like it to expand with average users, and am interested in seeing how it is being marketed.

I worked last year on OLPC for a period of time, organizing a Jam-style event. Though I've used many Linux variants, and submit bug reports regularly, this is my first time really contributing to a FOSS community.

This is the first Marketing project I have worked on!*
My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:
(Marketing Skills) - _Graphics, event organization_

(Other Skills) - _web-application development_I'd also like to learn strategy and big picturing thinking.When I'm not working on Fedora, I am playing at F. W. Olin College of Engineering.

A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project arereach more "average" users andBetter inspire hackers and developers to create great OSS software.

I would also like to see*Fedora and OSS in general become a more natural community for young tech-oriented people to join (IE, the Facebook generation)
I am wondering about

the focus of F13 and how this gets sethow projects are organized within Fedora, who designers, developers, leaders interact.

If you have any tips for exploring the community, let me know!

Colinhttp://zonion.org