Old 03-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Karsten Wade

Default Insight to staging (was Fedora Insight sprint summary: 2010-02-28)

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 08:01:50AM -0500, Pascal Calarco wrote:

I want to focus on the remaining items for having staging ready.

Is there any change on any of these items?

Are these tracked within one or more existing Trac tickets?

(/me substitutes numbers for * to make discussion easier.)

> 1. upgrading Zikula and pagemaster on staging
> 2. moving over database from pt6 to staging to reflect template customization
> 3. creating RSS functionality for FWN at the beat and issue level
> 4. defining and documenting authorization levels between conten
> contributors, editors, administrators
> 5. tweaking the FWN pubtype Admin menu to improve editing efficiency
> 6. discussing, decisioning and documenting standards for FWN content from
> wiki source
> 7. testing generic news pubtype with other content

I think I should work on the first item, partially so I understand
it, and also to update the sandbox and write a new Infrastructure SOP.

It seems to me that the first two items are the must-have for staging.
Can we do any of the other items once it is live in staging or
production?

Items 4 and 6 are procedural and not dependencies.

Items 3, 5, and 7 seem like they happen on the live site.

- Karsten
--
name: Karsten 'quaid' Wade, Sr. Community Gardener
team: Red Hat Community Architecture