Old 02-27-2010, 02:11 AM
Nelson Marques

Default ESOMAR Code

Hi all,

I would like to share this with the list. This is the ESOMAR code.

http://www.esomar.org/index.php/codes-guidelines.html

If someone plans to do surveys in the future, it's something you might
want to take a look into.

Nelson

Old 02-27-2010, 02:16 AM
Mel Chua

> I would like to share this with the list. This is the ESOMAR code.
>
> http://www.esomar.org/index.php/codes-guidelines.html

Thanks, Nelson - this is very useful, and has a lot of good things to
consider. For folks like me who didn't know what the ESOMAR code was
before reading the link, it's a (relatively short and quite
well-phrased, actually) set of ethical considerations that market
researchers should adhere to when doing their work - sort of a
Hippocratic oath for marketing research.

The biggest implication I can see for the work we do is the data privacy
aspect - we want to be open about our processes, but how open do we want
to be about the data people give us, and how can we communicate whatever
choice we make for each survey clearly to the survey-takers?

> If someone plans to do surveys in the future, it's something you might
> want to take a look into.

I've added the link to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_research#Resources - we may
want to make it a recommended reading when we (eventually) write some
sort of "market research SOP." ("how to make and carry out a survey," or
some such.)

--Mel

Old 02-27-2010, 02:44 AM
Nelson Marques

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 22:16 -0500, Mel Chua wrote:
> > I would like to share this with the list. This is the ESOMAR code.
> >
> > http://www.esomar.org/index.php/codes-guidelines.html
>
> Thanks, Nelson - this is very useful, and has a lot of good things to
> consider. For folks like me who didn't know what the ESOMAR code was
> before reading the link, it's a (relatively short and quite
> well-phrased, actually) set of ethical considerations that market
> researchers should adhere to when doing their work - sort of a
> Hippocratic oath for marketing research.
>
> The biggest implication I can see for the work we do is the data privacy
> aspect - we want to be open about our processes, but how open do we want
> to be about the data people give us, and how can we communicate whatever
> choice we make for each survey clearly to the survey-takers?

Any survey or questionnaire starts always by explaining the interviewed
the conditions and the privacy rules. We have to make them for each
survey. I have some documentation regarding this, gonna share it once I
translate it.

I will start deploying some documentation on
http://nmarques.fedorapeople.org/ after I translate it.

By the way, a suggestion, can we place a small request to our artists
for a Fedora Marketing Group logo? Do we need permission from sponsors
or anyone else on the organization?

Do we have templates available for presentations and documents?

Nelson.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Robyn Bergeron

Templates for docs and presentations are on our list of stuff to do
during branding activities at the marketing FAD; in the meantime,
there are some presentations on the wiki on the [[Presentations]] page
that you can strip a template out of.

On 2/26/10, Nelson Marques <07721@ipam.pt> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 22:16 -0500, Mel Chua wrote:
>> > I would like to share this with the list. This is the ESOMAR code.
>> >
>> > http://www.esomar.org/index.php/codes-guidelines.html
>>
>> Thanks, Nelson - this is very useful, and has a lot of good things to
>> consider. For folks like me who didn't know what the ESOMAR code was
>> before reading the link, it's a (relatively short and quite
>> well-phrased, actually) set of ethical considerations that market
>> researchers should adhere to when doing their work - sort of a
>> Hippocratic oath for marketing research.
>>
>> The biggest implication I can see for the work we do is the data privacy
>> aspect - we want to be open about our processes, but how open do we want
>> to be about the data people give us, and how can we communicate whatever
>> choice we make for each survey clearly to the survey-takers?
>
> Any survey or questionnaire starts always by explaining the interviewed
> the conditions and the privacy rules. We have to make them for each
> survey. I have some documentation regarding this, gonna share it once I
> translate it.
>
> I will start deploying some documentation on
> http://nmarques.fedorapeople.org/ after I translate it.
>
> By the way, a suggestion, can we place a small request to our artists
> for a Fedora Marketing Group logo? Do we need permission from sponsors
> or anyone else on the organization?
>
> Do we have templates available for presentations and documents?
>
> Nelson.
>

>> > If someone plans to do surveys in the future, it's something you might
>> > want to take a look into.
>>
>> I've added the link to
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_research#Resources - we may
>> want to make it a recommended reading when we (eventually) write some
>> sort of "market research SOP." ("how to make and carry out a survey," or
>> some such.)
>>
>> --Mel

Sent from my mobile device

Old 02-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Mel Chua

> By the way, a suggestion, can we place a small request to our artists
> for a Fedora Marketing Group logo? Do we need permission from sponsors
> or anyone else on the organization?

We've got one, actually - it's in the banner at the top of
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing, and Tatica made it (originally
made for http://proyectofedora.org/wiki/Mercadeo and then translated).
https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/110 tells some of the story.

If we need it remixed/modified/etc, you could always reopen the ticket
or create a new one (https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/newticket) and
then try to persuade a Designer to take it.

As for permission, I believe that only comes into play if we're using
the Fedora logo in the Marketing Team logo (which we probably don't want
to do, but I could be wrong here). https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo
has logo usage details.

--Mel