Old 02-26-2010, 08:55 AM
stefano alberini

Default Swot

Dear Nelson,

ok, no problem, when you are ready and when you want, please advise me.

Swot it's very interesting for me.

Then we can try to do a marketing Fedora plan (an Open Source plan), we can study something...

Ciao
--
Alberini Stefano
www.maxbelshop.com

Old 02-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Nelson Marques

Stefano,

Hi. I'm not contacting you for the SWOT, but you have far more
qualifications that I do, could I ask something from you?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/MarketingPlan

I've runed across that wiki page the other day, and I recon it's very
well designed (the marketing plan sketch). Could you please provide us
with your input regarding it?

The only two things that I would change (and thats my opinion) is to
replace the 4 Marketing P's for a compact text (instead of independent
topics) under "Marketing Mix", and eventually do the same for Product
Mix.

Could you please advice us on how to improve it?

Thanks,

nelson marques.

PS: About the SWOT, I'm getting some "training" on the wiki and getting
confortable with it before starting. I'm also collecting some
information from CBI (I do have access to CBI, http://www.cbi.eu)
regarding the Macro Environment (import/export laws, etc etc etc). It's
a bit halted, but it's being worked.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:16 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 09:06:37PM +0000, Nelson Marques wrote:
> PS: About the SWOT, I'm getting some "training" on the wiki and getting
> confortable with it before starting. I'm also collecting some
> information from CBI (I do have access to CBI, http://www.cbi.eu)
> regarding the Macro Environment (import/export laws, etc etc etc). It's
> a bit halted, but it's being worked.

Hi Nelson,

I'm not sure whether you were collecting information from CBI for your
own use, or planning to republish it in some fashion. If the latter,
note their licensing may make their material unsuitable for our wiki
other than by fair use of brief portions. It's safe to ignore this if
you weren't planning to republish the content. :-)

Old 03-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Nelson Marques

Hi Paul,

I'm not planning to republish the content or anything like that, I'm
more interested in checking out the local restrictions (Europe) on
imports and exports. Even if their content is protected by licenses and
such, the government content isn't as they are public laws. I just need
to be aware of them, not reproduce them

As an example, there are laws regarding cryptography in the US, they
don't exist in the European Community, but other strange things might
exists that we need to contemplate, thats what I'm a searching for
(mainly import/export laws). I've choosen CBI because I do have full
access to their stuff and I'm familiar with them from school.

nelson.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Nelson Marques

Hi all,

I've made some changes on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SWOT . Tried to establish a
more objective draft of it's shape. I would recon that this might be
changing soon. As I'm almost finishing collecting all the data I could
find to help me find the right context for this industry segment.

I can see this from my perspective, but I want this to be the objective
possible, therefore soon I'll call for help so we can offer everyone a
chance to participate in this, specially for opportunities and threats
where I would believe that "engineering" is the one who can actually
point the right stuff.

I'll try to define some guidelines like I did previously (like this
items need to be controllable (or not) by Fedora, etc).

Just to keep people informed. Soon this will get my full attention.