Old 02-24-2010, 07:40 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default Linux Planet on No Frozen Rawhide

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6989/1/

"The bleeding edge of Red Hat's Fedora Linux community has long been
the branch of Fedora code known as Rawhide. New contributions land in
Rawhide first, marking the tip of new Linux development for Fedora,
though activity there slows down during Fedora release cycles.

As a result of a new move taken by Fedora developers this month,
however, Rawhide is evolving to ensure that even when new Fedora
releases are coming, the bleeding edge of Linux development won't
grind to a halt.

The change could mean that Fedora development will now be accelerated,
with work continuing for the next major milestone, Fedora 13, while
development on what will become Fedora 14 now occurring simultaneously
in Rawhide. Fedora 13 is currently scheduled for a May 11 release."

(read more at the link above)

Old 02-24-2010, 09:57 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 03:40:58PM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6989/1/
>
> "The bleeding edge of Red Hat's Fedora Linux community has long been
> the branch of Fedora code known as Rawhide. New contributions land in
> Rawhide first, marking the tip of new Linux development for Fedora,
> though activity there slows down during Fedora release cycles.
>
> As a result of a new move taken by Fedora developers this month,
> however, Rawhide is evolving to ensure that even when new Fedora
> releases are coming, the bleeding edge of Linux development won't
> grind to a halt.
>
> The change could mean that Fedora development will now be accelerated,
> with work continuing for the next major milestone, Fedora 13, while
> development on what will become Fedora 14 now occurring simultaneously
> in Rawhide. Fedora 13 is currently scheduled for a May 11 release."
>
> (read more at the link above)

Oops, my mail got out of sync and I didn't realize Kara had posted
this. Sorry, didn't mean to look like a swelled-head. :-