FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Marketing

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-24-2010, 04:06 AM
Robyn Bergeron
 
Default Call for F13 release slogan suggestions

Greetings Friends,

We need a slogan for the F13 release. It will be chosen one week from
now, on 3/2. A release slogan is a short call-to-action that fits the
artwork theme from Design, found at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_release_slogan#Themes. (F12's
slogan was "Unite.")

If you are interested in suggesting ideas for the release slogan,
please take a look at the Release Slogan SOP, and the criteria for
selection, at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_slogan_SOP. The
slogan must be:

* short (1-3 words)
* a call to action
* positive

It should reinforce that Fedora helps the user achieve something
great. It should also reflect some of ideas and themes found in the
release artwork, and, if possible, also touch upon the Four
Foundations (http://https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations).

Please put your slogan ideas here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_release_slogan#New_slogan_ideas

The deadline for submissions is Tuesday 3/2 at 20:00 UTC, which is our
next Marketing meeting
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings). We'll be
discussing submissions there, and then the FPL, Mo Duffy, and the
Marketing team lead will take that input and select the final slogan
on 3/2, following the marketing meeting. Let me know if you have any
questions, comments, or concerns -- and let the wiki table know if you
have any ideas!

Cheers,

Robyn
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 
Old 02-24-2010, 04:06 AM
Robyn Bergeron
 
Default Call for F13 release slogan suggestions

Greetings Friends,

We need a slogan for the F13 release. It will be chosen one week from
now, on 3/2. A release slogan is a short call-to-action that fits the
artwork theme from Design, found at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_release_slogan#Themes. (F12's
slogan was "Unite.")

If you are interested in suggesting ideas for the release slogan,
please take a look at the Release Slogan SOP, and the criteria for
selection, at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_slogan_SOP. The
slogan must be:

* short (1-3 words)
* a call to action
* positive

It should reinforce that Fedora helps the user achieve something
great. It should also reflect some of ideas and themes found in the
release artwork, and, if possible, also touch upon the Four
Foundations (http://https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations).

Please put your slogan ideas here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_release_slogan#New_slogan_ideas

The deadline for submissions is Tuesday 3/2 at 20:00 UTC, which is our
next Marketing meeting
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings). We'll be
discussing submissions there, and then the FPL, Mo Duffy, and the
Marketing team lead will take that input and select the final slogan
on 3/2, following the marketing meeting. Let me know if you have any
questions, comments, or concerns -- and let the wiki table know if you
have any ideas!

Cheers,

Robyn
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 02-24-2010, 04:06 AM
Robyn Bergeron
 
Default Call for F13 release slogan suggestions

Greetings Friends,

We need a slogan for the F13 release. It will be chosen one week from
now, on 3/2. A release slogan is a short call-to-action that fits the
artwork theme from Design, found at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_release_slogan#Themes. (F12's
slogan was "Unite.")

If you are interested in suggesting ideas for the release slogan,
please take a look at the Release Slogan SOP, and the criteria for
selection, at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_slogan_SOP. The
slogan must be:

* short (1-3 words)
* a call to action
* positive

It should reinforce that Fedora helps the user achieve something
great. It should also reflect some of ideas and themes found in the
release artwork, and, if possible, also touch upon the Four
Foundations (http://https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations).

Please put your slogan ideas here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_release_slogan#New_slogan_ideas

The deadline for submissions is Tuesday 3/2 at 20:00 UTC, which is our
next Marketing meeting
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings). We'll be
discussing submissions there, and then the FPL, Mo Duffy, and the
Marketing team lead will take that input and select the final slogan
on 3/2, following the marketing meeting. Let me know if you have any
questions, comments, or concerns -- and let the wiki table know if you
have any ideas!

Cheers,

Robyn
_______________________________________________
devel-announce mailing list
devel-announce@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel-announce
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 02-24-2010, 07:52 AM
Jon Masters
 
Default Call for F13 release slogan suggestions

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 22:06 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:

> * short (1-3 words)

Well, some to avoid anyway...

Lucky for You!
Have More Fun!
For Great Justice!



Jon.


--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 02-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Kris Thomsen
 
Default Call for F13 release slogan suggestions

I think we are forgetting one thing, when we make this. One-word
slogans doesn't always sound good when translated. Believe me, I'm the
danish maintainer.

// Kris

2010/2/24 Robyn Bergeron <robyn.bergeron@gmail.com>:
> Greetings Friends,
>
> We need a slogan for the F13 release. It will be chosen one week from
> now, on 3/2. *A release slogan is a short call-to-action that fits the
> artwork theme from Design, found at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_release_slogan#Themes. (F12's
> slogan was "Unite.")
>
> If you are interested in suggesting ideas for the release slogan,
> please take a look at the Release Slogan SOP, and the criteria for
> selection, at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_slogan_SOP. The
> slogan must be:
>
> * short (1-3 words)
> * a call to action
> * positive
>
> It should reinforce that Fedora helps the user achieve something
> great. It should also reflect some of ideas and themes found in the
> release artwork, and, if possible, also touch upon the Four
> Foundations (http://https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations).
>
> Please put your slogan ideas here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_release_slogan#New_slogan_ideas
>
> The deadline for submissions is Tuesday 3/2 at 20:00 UTC, which is our
> next Marketing meeting
> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings). We'll be
> discussing submissions there, and then the FPL, Mo Duffy, and the
> Marketing team lead will take that input and select the final slogan
> on 3/2, following the marketing meeting. Let me know if you have any
> questions, comments, or concerns -- and let the wiki table know if you
> have any ideas!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Robyn
> _______________________________________________
> design-team mailing list
> design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
>
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 02-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Federico Pedemonte
 
Default Call for F13 release slogan suggestions

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 06:06, Robyn Bergeron <robyn.bergeron@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings Friends,
>
> We need a slogan for the F13 release. It will be chosen one week from
> now, on 3/2. *A release slogan is a short call-to-action that fits the
> artwork theme from Design, found at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_release_slogan#Themes. (F12's
> slogan was "Unite.")

Hello!
this is my first mail on this list... hope I won't be unsubscribed for
this proposal

So, what about this slogan: "Rocket Science for Everyone" ?

Bye,
Federico
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 02-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Nicu Buculei
 
Default Call for F13 release slogan suggestions

On 02/24/2010 04:52 PM, Federico Pedemonte wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 06:06, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>>
>> We need a slogan for the F13 release. It will be chosen one week from
>> now, on 3/2. A release slogan is a short call-to-action that fits the
>> artwork theme from Design, found at
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_release_slogan#Themes. (F12's
>> slogan was "Unite.")
>
> Hello!

Hi Federico,

> this is my first mail on this list... hope I won't be unsubscribed for
> this proposal

No, you won't

> So, what about this slogan: "Rocket Science for Everyone" ?

Please go to the above-mentioned wiki page and add your proposal there,
otherwise it will go unnoticed by the decision makers.

--
nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 02-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Mat Booth
 
Default Call for F13 release slogan suggestions

On 24 February 2010 08:52, Jon Masters <jonathan@jonmasters.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 22:06 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>
>> * short (1-3 words)
>
> Well, some to avoid anyway...
>
> Lucky for You!
> Have More Fun!
> For Great Justice!
>
>
>

What you say?


--
Mat Booth
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 02-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Camilo Mesias
 
Default Call for F13 release slogan suggestions

How about...

Prepare for launch
Escape velocity
Throttle up
Go supernova
Ignite

-Cam
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 02-24-2010, 07:26 PM
"Paul W. Frields"
 
Default Call for F13 release slogan suggestions

It's true, and we've considered that as part of our SOP:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_slogan_SOP#Choose_a_release_slogan

We allow translators to find what they consider the best fit for their
locale, even if it departs somewhat from the en-US usage. It's simply
impossible to do equal translations of a good slogan everywhere, as
every single corporation in the world as found. :-)

Paul

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:49:59AM +0100, Kris Thomsen wrote:
> I think we are forgetting one thing, when we make this. One-word
> slogans doesn't always sound good when translated. Believe me, I'm the
> danish maintainer.
>
> // Kris
>
> 2010/2/24 Robyn Bergeron <robyn.bergeron@gmail.com>:
> > Greetings Friends,
> >
> > We need a slogan for the F13 release. It will be chosen one week from
> > now, on 3/2. *A release slogan is a short call-to-action that fits the
> > artwork theme from Design, found at
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_release_slogan#Themes. (F12's
> > slogan was "Unite.")
> >
> > If you are interested in suggesting ideas for the release slogan,
> > please take a look at the Release Slogan SOP, and the criteria for
> > selection, at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_slogan_SOP. The
> > slogan must be:
> >
> > * short (1-3 words)
> > * a call to action
> > * positive
> >
> > It should reinforce that Fedora helps the user achieve something
> > great. It should also reflect some of ideas and themes found in the
> > release artwork, and, if possible, also touch upon the Four
> > Foundations (http://https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations).
> >
> > Please put your slogan ideas here:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_release_slogan#New_slogan_ideas
> >
> > The deadline for submissions is Tuesday 3/2 at 20:00 UTC, which is our
> > next Marketing meeting
> > (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings). We'll be
> > discussing submissions there, and then the FPL, Mo Duffy, and the
> > Marketing team lead will take that input and select the final slogan
> > on 3/2, following the marketing meeting. Let me know if you have any
> > questions, comments, or concerns -- and let the wiki table know if you
> > have any ideas!
--
marketing mailing list
marketing@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:05 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org