Old 01-08-2010, 10:23 PM
wonderer

Default marketing plan

hy,

for the MKTG FAD 2010 we have yet a WIP / Daft version of a overall
marketing plan at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010/MarketingPlan so
everybody can think about it and we could talk about that at the FAD.
Some will recognize that many of the "goals" we allready work on at
other areas or there is allready work going on. So, lets work on that at
the FAD so we have a template on how we structurize our work and help us
make things easier to work on, get new people more easy and faster to
work on tastsk, etc.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer@fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6 3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0

Old 03-01-2010, 01:06 PM
stefano alberini

Hello Nelson, it's very interesting this scheme.

It's very good and complete.

I give my idea to simplify because i read and the scheme it's too long (it's my personal idea, but it's very complet). It's a draft, i wait the opinion and the experience of all community.

1) Objective to reach of the Fedora Project (next 2 years)

2) Analysis (Swot)

3) Marketing Strategy
3.1) segmentation/targeting (how many cluster of users, and what is the target or the targets) and positioning (what advantege the product have instead of the other OS and the other Linux Distro ? why a customer must chioce Fedora?),

3.2) Marketing Mix: Product (new feature of the distro, design, brand, user frinedly, harware support, driver, advantage for the desktop user, advantage for the advanced user, simplicity ), Price (Switching costs, what's kind of Switching costs material and immaterial one user must do to change OS ? Which Swithching costs (list)), Promotion (Media Plan, Target, Objectives, Message, Media choice, Budget, Media Mix, Measuring results, Ambassador project), Place (where the users can find Fedora? Pc with Fedora, CD, LInux User Group, Torrent, Which Web Site, ...); User Value (What are the needs of the users? What they look for an OS?);

4) Marketing Tools (List and description of the marketing tools used, the Open Source Marketing Tools) and here you must help me....

5) Check, Monitoring and Update of the plan every 2 month

It's only a proposal... OPEN...i hope in the contribute of every community member.

Thank you

--
Alberini Stefano
www.maxbelshop.com