-   -   Fedora Project Facebook page? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-marketing/306553-fedora-project-facebook-page.html)

Ryan Rix 01-08-2010 08:33 PM

Fedora Project Facebook page?

Hey all,

Do we know who owns http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/7670534782 ?
I can't figure out how to tell as a member who owns any given page.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SocialNetworks doesn't have the
maintainer listed.

I was thinking that when Fedora Insight goes golden, it would be the -perfect-
oppurtunity to expand our social networking presence on Facebook, twitter,
identi.ca and other networks, because, at least Facebook, allows you to post
via rss, and then push to twitter (don't think it'll push to identi.ca,
though...) Of course, to do that, we need to own that page :-)

--
Ryan Rix
Fedora KDE SIG Member, Phoenix AZ Ambassador, News KDE Beat writer

New Mail address: phrkonaleash@gmail.com -> ry@n.rix.si !!
http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://identi.ca/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash@gmail.com | MSN: phrkonaleash@yahoo.com
AIM: phrkonaleash | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC: PhrkOnLsh@irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#plugaz,#fedora-kde and
countless other FOSS channels.

Ryan Rix 01-08-2010 09:15 PM

On Fri 8 January 2010 2:51:23 pm Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> There was some discussion on who owns which social media outlets a
> while back - there may even be a wiki page with the information. I can
> look when I'm back home if you haven't found anything in mail archives
> or the wiki.
>
> -robyn

This was the best I could do[1], and is lacking that page... It has >4000
fans, so it could grow quickly if it actually had content on it...

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-
October/msg00042.html

Robyn Bergeron 01-08-2010 09:44 PM

Fedora Project Facebook page?

Weeeeird. I thought the wiki had the information listed. Usually FB
pages have owners / admins listed, but this one doesn't... I wonder if
someone unsigned up from Facebook and the page got orphaned, or
something.

Pascal Calarco 01-09-2010 01:19 PM

Ryan Rix wrote:

Hey all,

Do we know who owns http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/7670534782 ?
I can't figure out how to tell as a member who owns any given page.

FB has changed the page layouts so you can't tell owners/admins anymore,
which is a shame. I believe Larry Caifero is one owners of that
particular FB page.

I also summarized the Fedora-related groups on LinkedIn on 12/2/09 on
fedora-marketing, which is another outlet we can work on.

- pascal

Ryan Rix 01-09-2010 03:25 PM

On Sat 9 January 2010 7:19:49 am Pascal Calarco wrote:
> Ryan Rix wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Do we know who owns
> > http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Project/7670534782 ? I can't figure
> > out how to tell as a member who owns any given page.
>
> FB has changed the page layouts so you can't tell owners/admins anymore,
> which is a shame. I believe Larry Caifero is one owners of that
> particular FB page.
>
> I also summarized the Fedora-related groups on LinkedIn on 12/2/09 on
> fedora-marketing, which is another outlet we can work on.
>
> - pascal'

Wicked awesome, Pascal :) Thanks much. Just wanted to make sure we had some
control of the page :)