Old 01-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Mel Chua

Default FI content workflow

I tried drafting out an ascii version of the workflow I saw being tossed
around at FUDCon - thoughts? Is this accurate? Workable? It's pretty simple.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight#Content_workflow

(I'm not sure if I'm using the word "workflow" in the same way that FWN
uses it - if there's another word I should use instead, or some way this
diagram ought to be revised, please ping - or edit the wiki version.

--Mel

Old 01-08-2010, 03:30 AM
Karsten Wade

On Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 05:06:32PM -0500, Mel Chua wrote:
> I tried drafting out an ascii version of the workflow I saw being tossed
> around at FUDCon - thoughts? Is this accurate? Workable? It's pretty simple.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight#Content_workflow
>
> (I'm not sure if I'm using the word "workflow" in the same way that FWN
> uses it - if there's another word I should use instead, or some way this
> diagram ought to be revised, please ping - or edit the wiki version.

As a workflow it makes sense, in the answering if you are using the
correct term etc.

One thing that is missing is a box alongside "press" "web" "fedora
planet" that is an in-flow for original content targeted for FI.
Might want to add that even if you don't intend original content for a
while?

To confirm you have the right idea, this is what a "normal" high-level
CMS workflow might look like:

+--------+
+--------+ |
| | Sent back for rewrite
| |
+--------+ |
| Editor |-----<NO>
+--------+

<YES>

+----------------------+ +-------------------------+
| Published or queued |-----<CANCEL>----| May cancel some content |
| by publishing editor | | as inappropriate or no |
+----------------------+ | longer relevant. |

Old 01-08-2010, 04:14 AM
Mel Chua

I tried drafting out an ascii version of the workflow I saw being tossed
around at FUDCon - thoughts? Is this accurate? Workable? It's pretty simple.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight#Content_workflow

(I'm not sure if I'm using the word "workflow" in the same way that FWN
uses it - if there's another word I should use instead, or some way this
diagram ought to be revised, please ping - or edit the wiki version.

As a workflow it makes sense, in the answering if you are using the
correct term etc.

One thing that is missing is a box alongside "press" "web" "fedora
planet" that is an in-flow for original content targeted for FI.
Might want to add that even if you don't intend original content for a
while?

Thanks - added,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight#Content_workflow. I'm
hoping that will actually be a small (or possibly even nonexistent)
subset of content; I'd like FI to draw from content "upstreams" as much
as possible so that editors can focus on *finding* good content rather
than getting it made, but I'd also love pushback and feedback on that
thought; I'm not sure it makes sense yet.

--Mel