Old 01-05-2008, 03:26 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Is Red Hat still relevant? You bet.

Hi,

http://www.montanalinux.org/redhat-relevent.html

"Many Linux users don't seem to realize just how much Red Hat
contributes back to the Linux community. They are major software
developers on a number of projects not the least of which is the Linux
kernel. The Fedora Project site has a page entitled Red Hat
contributions to Free and Open Source software which lists most of Red
Hat's contributions."

Rahul

Old 01-05-2008, 07:03 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

> http://www.montanalinux.org/redhat-relevent.html
>
> "Many Linux users don't seem to realize just how much Red Hat
> contributes back to the Linux community. They are major software
> developers on a number of projects not the least of which is the Linux
> kernel. The Fedora Project site has a page entitled Red Hat
> contributions to Free and Open Source software which lists most of Red
> Hat's contributions."

Adding this page on the wiki was a great move, Rahul. I like to point
people to it when I meet them in my local LUG, especially when I hear
any rumblings that sound like doubt about Red Hat's commitment to free
and open source software.

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE http://paul.frields.org/
Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/