FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Marketing

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Pascal Calarco
 
Default Fedora Insight: Remaining items

Hi all --

Simon made excellent progress on Monday resolving most of the errors on
publictest6 for Fedora Insight. Xinhua works nicely and I am able to
submit, decision, and publish articles with the workflow we designed for
FWN.


However, we are not ready to launch yet. We still need to cluster
individual FWN beats into a single issue. When I publish items, they
aren't showing up on the interface yet, as the design needs to get
synched with the templates that we worked on at FUDCon. There are a
number of design tickets open that Mo was working on. Diana made good
progress on some of these, and we should get the detail for these
tickets updated, but there are a number of tickets that we need Mo or
someone else on the design team to document and work on.


We also did not quite get to the staging server, AFAIK.

Perhaps we could meet on IRC sometime later this week to discuss
further? Thanks!


- pascal

--
Fedora-marketing-list mailing list
Fedora-marketing-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-marketing-list
 
Old 12-09-2009, 08:22 PM
"Paul W. Frields"
 
Default Fedora Insight: Remaining items

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 07:55:52PM -0500, Pascal Calarco wrote:
> Hi all --
>
> Simon made excellent progress on Monday resolving most of the errors
> on publictest6 for Fedora Insight. Xinhua works nicely and I am
> able to submit, decision, and publish articles with the workflow we
> designed for FWN.
>
> However, we are not ready to launch yet. We still need to cluster
> individual FWN beats into a single issue. When I publish items,
> they aren't showing up on the interface yet, as the design needs to
> get synched with the templates that we worked on at FUDCon. There
> are a number of design tickets open that Mo was working on. Diana
> made good progress on some of these, and we should get the detail
> for these tickets updated, but there are a number of tickets that we
> need Mo or someone else on the design team to document and work on.
>
> We also did not quite get to the staging server, AFAIK.
>
> Perhaps we could meet on IRC sometime later this week to discuss
> further? Thanks!

I'd suggest starting with some ticket listing as a report in the right
Tracs (probably marketing team and design). I always recommend
putting a keyword (like Insight) into affected tickets and using that
as a search so that we can always look at the queue.

Any items that don't have a ticket yet really should have one.
Pascal, can you confirm that any the issues above have tickets?

As for a meeting time... I know that Mel Chua is way busy on Thursday
afternoon and we've moved the FUDCon planning meeting to Friday at
4:00pm. Maybe a weekend round up would be better. I always try to
suggest a time when posting about a meeting, so that the conversation
can move forward easier. How does Sunday at 4:00pm Eastern (2100 UTC)
look for people?

Paul

--
Fedora-marketing-list mailing list
Fedora-marketing-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-marketing-list
 
Old 12-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Pascal Calarco
 
Default Fedora Insight: Remaining items

On 09/12/09 04:22 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 07:55:52PM -0500, Pascal Calarco wrote:

Hi all --

Simon made excellent progress on Monday resolving most of the errors
on publictest6 for Fedora Insight. Xinhua works nicely and I am
able to submit, decision, and publish articles with the workflow we
designed for FWN.

However, we are not ready to launch yet. We still need to cluster
individual FWN beats into a single issue. When I publish items,
they aren't showing up on the interface yet, as the design needs to
get synched with the templates that we worked on at FUDCon. There
are a number of design tickets open that Mo was working on. Diana
made good progress on some of these, and we should get the detail
for these tickets updated, but there are a number of tickets that we
need Mo or someone else on the design team to document and work on.

We also did not quite get to the staging server, AFAIK.

Perhaps we could meet on IRC sometime later this week to discuss
further? Thanks!


I'd suggest starting with some ticket listing as a report in the right
Tracs (probably marketing team and design). I always recommend
putting a keyword (like Insight) into affected tickets and using that
as a search so that we can always look at the queue.


I've added both "Zikula" and "Fedora Insight" to the keywords for the
new tickets I've opened. I cc'ed Simon and Mel on the new tickets I
submitted as well.



Any items that don't have a ticket yet really should have one.
Pascal, can you confirm that any the issues above have tickets?


Closed on ticket for FWN workflow and opened several new ones. All of
these are listed on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight



As for a meeting time... I know that Mel Chua is way busy on Thursday
afternoon and we've moved the FUDCon planning meeting to Friday at
4:00pm. Maybe a weekend round up would be better. I always try to
suggest a time when posting about a meeting, so that the conversation
can move forward easier. How does Sunday at 4:00pm Eastern (2100 UTC)
look for people?

Paul


Sunday 2009-12-13 works for me, although that would be perhaps a bit
late for Simon. Thanks!


- pascal

--
Fedora-marketing-list mailing list
Fedora-marketing-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-marketing-list
 
Old 12-15-2009, 07:43 PM
"Simon Birtwistle"
 
Default Fedora Insight: Remaining items

I've updated the Zikula sandbox guide at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_set_up_a_Zikula_sandbox

In theory, the first half or so should be enough to completely replicate the pt6 instance on a different machine. Its not too complicated as a process, fortunately.

As far as I can tell, our major remaining item(s) is the template/design work which will require input from me as in places we will need some advanced template logic. We're very close, but we'll need some bandwidth from both me and the design team to get us over the finishing line.


Simon

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pascal Calarco [mailtocalarco@nd.edu]
> Sent: 09 December 2009 00:56
> To: Simon Birtwistle; For discussions about marketing and expanding the
> Fedora user base
> Subject: Fedora Insight: Remaining items
>
> Hi all --
>
> Simon made excellent progress on Monday resolving most of the errors on
> publictest6 for Fedora Insight. Xinhua works nicely and I am able to
> submit, decision, and publish articles with the workflow we designed
> for
> FWN.
>
> However, we are not ready to launch yet. We still need to cluster
> individual FWN beats into a single issue. When I publish items, they
> aren't showing up on the interface yet, as the design needs to get
> synched with the templates that we worked on at FUDCon. There are a
> number of design tickets open that Mo was working on. Diana made good
> progress on some of these, and we should get the detail for these
> tickets updated, but there are a number of tickets that we need Mo or
> someone else on the design team to document and work on.
>
> We also did not quite get to the staging server, AFAIK.
>
> Perhaps we could meet on IRC sometime later this week to discuss
> further? Thanks!
>
> - pascal
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 9.0.709 / Virus Database: 270.14.100/2554 - Release Date:
> 12/09/09 07:32:00


--
Fedora-marketing-list mailing list
Fedora-marketing-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-marketing-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:57 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org