-   -   Fedora 9 Feature Status (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-marketing/27497-fedora-9-feature-status.html)

John Poelstra 01-03-2008 06:40 AM

Fedora 9 Feature Status

Happy New Year!

I've updated http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Dashboard to reflect
the latest proposed features.

Lots of good things are happening. I've added a new section for
features I've found on the wiki that say that they are targeted for
Fedora 9, yet haven't been brought forward for official acceptance. In
many cases the feature pages are really close, yet some sections are
still blank.

In order to have your feature accepted for Fedora 9 it does not have to
be fully complete at this time. A completed feature page (all
sections--including "not applicable" as necessary) is needed by so that
FESCo has all the information it needs for consideration.

The accepted feature page for Fedora 9 continues to grow here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/FeatureList

Thank you feature page owners and Fedora innovators!

John

Chuck Anderson 01-03-2008 08:45 AM

Fedora 9 Feature Status

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 11:40:14PM -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
> I've updated http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Dashboard to reflect
> the latest proposed features.

This appears to be missing from the Dashboard but nice progress is
being made in anaconda:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureEncryptedFilesystems

I hope this gets targetted for Fedora 9 and voted on by FESco.