Old 12-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Fedora 8: An Assault On Ubuntu

Hi,

Looks like a precursor to an actual review. Looking forward to that.
Highlighted features include pulseaudio, codeina and specifically the
codecbuddy wiki page and the approach to spins.

http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=8094

"With the upcoming release of Fedora 8 (at the time of press time), I
see solid indications that Fedora could dethrown Ubuntu with its latest
release. I especially like what I'm reading about their work on issues,
such as notebook suspend/resume working, power consumption and perhaps
most of all, PulseAudio"

Slashdot: http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/07/12/29/2216249.shtml

Digg: http://digg.com/linux_unix/Fedora_8_An_Assault_On_Ubuntu

Rahul

Old 12-31-2007, 01:06 AM
"Jeff Spaleta"

On Dec 30, 2007 9:11 AM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looks like a precursor to an actual review. Looking forward to that.
> Highlighted features include pulseaudio, codeina and specifically the
> codecbuddy wiki page and the approach to spins.

More importantly this preview-review points out exactly how useful our
Feature Roadmapping process is at rewriting the laypress perception of
Fedora as an innovator. I fervently believe that as we do a better
job at describing the goals and benefits of introducing each new
technology, the more likely it will be that'll we will find the people
who are enthusiastic about helping smooth out the rough edges on that
technology instead of just point out the problems.

-jef