Old 02-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Jack Aboutboul

Default Schedule/Calendar Around FUDCons

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to work on the larger general calendar template. Like we
said, it should run from FUDCon -> 6 weeks post release. Starting
around FUDCon, what tasks do we usually have to take care of? Right
now, I have posting announcements to community sites and planet,
notifying press/directing/answering inquiries, write ups for rh/fedora
owned publications, planning marketing activities for fudcon.

Is there anything else that should be on there? Is someone currently
doing something now that we should be taking off their plate?

Thanks,
Jack

Old 02-09-2009, 09:25 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 04:22:36PM -0500, Jack Aboutboul wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> I am trying to work on the larger general calendar template. Like we
> said, it should run from FUDCon -> 6 weeks post release. Starting
> around FUDCon, what tasks do we usually have to take care of? Right
> now, I have posting announcements to community sites and planet,
> notifying press/directing/answering inquiries, write ups for rh/fedora
> owned publications, planning marketing activities for fudcon.
>
> Is there anything else that should be on there? Is someone currently
> doing something now that we should be taking off their plate?

Hey Jack,

I lost track of my marketing links -- which page is that template on?

Old 02-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Jack Aboutboul

Paul W. Frields wrote:

I am trying to work on the larger general calendar template. Like we
said, it should run from FUDCon -> 6 weeks post release. Starting
around FUDCon, what tasks do we usually have to take care of? Right
now, I have posting announcements to community sites and planet,
notifying press/directing/answering inquiries, write ups for rh/fedora
owned publications, planning marketing activities for fudcon.

Is there anything else that should be on there? Is someone currently
doing something now that we should be taking off their plate?

Hey Jack,

I lost track of my marketing links -- which page is that template on?

What I am working on isnt up on the wiki yet, I'm working a on scratch
pad of paper here and I'll put it up tonight or tomorrow morning. I
just started doing it on paper and didnt want to spend the time to put
it on the wiki just yet.

Jack

Old 02-10-2009, 03:51 AM
Karsten Wade

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 04:22:36PM -0500, Jack Aboutboul wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> I am trying to work on the larger general calendar template. Like we
> said, it should run from FUDCon -> 6 weeks post release. Starting
> around FUDCon, what tasks do we usually have to take care of? Right
> now, I have posting announcements to community sites and planet,
> notifying press/directing/answering inquiries, write ups for rh/fedora
> owned publications, planning marketing activities for fudcon.
>
> Is there anything else that should be on there? Is someone currently
> doing something now that we should be taking off their plate?

Here's a quick brain dump, in convenient paste-in-a-wiki format ...

* Talking points for the release
** Develop these from the start of the Feature process
** Add some features as they are accepted
** Used to guide press discussions
** Can be l10nized
** Coordinate with Fedora Project Leader
* Guiding the regional localized [[Release announcements]]
** These 'are not' translations/transliterations of a fixed announcement
** These 'are' a set of tight paragraphs (3 to 5), easy to understand and translate
** These 'are' available for regional people/Ambassadors to use when writing their own, from scratch, regional/locale/cultural/etc. specific release announcement
** Coordinate with the [[Docs Project]], who have the expertise in writing for translation
* Getting someone to write the whimsical, English, main release announcement
** We have tried to get one person to write from a given or generated idea
** We've looked for someone new each release, esp. hard working writers who haven't done it before
** May draw writer from [[Docs Project]] or other teams
** The Fedora Project Leader ([[User:Pfrields|Paul W. Frields]] currently) has final pass on the announcement and should be in the loop along the way
* Release overview?
** Not clearly been owned by anyone in the past
** FPL usually writes it working with Docs
** At least needs to be tracked by Marketing
* Presentation production and maintenance?
** No one has yet owned talk/presentation standards
** Standard template + multiple standard presentations
** Timeless and version-specific
** Work with Ambassadors and L10n
*** Make available in multiple languages
* Video
** Work with Red Hat's video team when we have integration points
** Define whatever central video repo Fedora (TV) is going to have
*** Maintain that repo?

For reference:

* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_announcements

Also, hunting through the history of the Marketing tasks page was
helpful in reconstructing memory, for example:

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Marketing%2FTasks&diff=76401&oldid =50589

cheers - Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41