Old 02-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Karsten Wade

Default Fedora Activity Day at SCaLE 7x - getting the word out

We're going to be doing a Fedora Activity Day[1] at the Southern
California Linux Expo (SCaLE) on 20 February, a Friday. The focus of
the FAD is on Packaging (font packaging) and Docs (User Guide).

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Activity_Day_at_SCaLE_7x

How can we get the word out to the wider community of folks within
driving/travel distance of that event?

Even if they are not going to just watch and learn, I think having
more people is going to make it more fun and successful.

This might be an opportunity to see a wider or different vision for
someone who is otherwise involved in community and conferences and
getting things done.

Just a thought ...

- Karsten

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Activity_Day_-_FAD
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41

Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Jonathan Roberts

2009/2/5 Karsten Wade <kwade@redhat.com>:
> We're going to be doing a Fedora Activity Day[1] at the Southern
> California Linux Expo (SCaLE) on 20 February, a Friday. The focus of
> the FAD is on Packaging (font packaging) and Docs (User Guide).
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Activity_Day_at_SCaLE_7x
>
> How can we get the word out to the wider community of folks within
> driving/travel distance of that event?
> --

Something I'd like to see get done from time to time is for this kind
of information to get posted to Fedora Forum, so perhaps Rahul could
help us out with that? The audience there is, I guess, a mix between
new user and contributor (via helping others in the forum) and so may
be ripe with people looking to get more involved.

Jon

Old 02-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Karsten Wade

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 11:15:07AM +0000, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> 2009/2/5 Karsten Wade <kwade@redhat.com>:
> > We're going to be doing a Fedora Activity Day[1] at the Southern
> > California Linux Expo (SCaLE) on 20 February, a Friday. The focus of
> > the FAD is on Packaging (font packaging) and Docs (User Guide).
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Activity_Day_at_SCaLE_7x
> >
> > How can we get the word out to the wider community of folks within
> > driving/travel distance of that event?
> > --
>
> Something I'd like to see get done from time to time is for this kind
> of information to get posted to Fedora Forum, so perhaps Rahul could
> help us out with that? The audience there is, I guess, a mix between
> new user and contributor (via helping others in the forum) and so may
> be ripe with people looking to get more involved.

OMG BIG +1

That is in fact the group we want to see at FAD and Fedora events.

Who other than Rahul has some standing at fedoraforum.org? Clint?

- Karsten

Old 02-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Clint Savage

2009/2/8 Karsten Wade <kwade@redhat.com>:
> On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 11:15:07AM +0000, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
>> 2009/2/5 Karsten Wade <kwade@redhat.com>:
>> > We're going to be doing a Fedora Activity Day[1] at the Southern
>> > California Linux Expo (SCaLE) on 20 February, a Friday. The focus of
>> > the FAD is on Packaging (font packaging) and Docs (User Guide).
>> >
>> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Activity_Day_at_SCaLE_7x
>> >
>> > How can we get the word out to the wider community of folks within
>> > driving/travel distance of that event?
>> > --
>>
>> Something I'd like to see get done from time to time is for this kind
>> of information to get posted to Fedora Forum, so perhaps Rahul could
>> help us out with that? The audience there is, I guess, a mix between
>> new user and contributor (via helping others in the forum) and so may
>> be ripe with people looking to get more involved.
>
> OMG BIG +1
>
> That is in fact the group we want to see at FAD and Fedora events.
>
> Who other than Rahul has some standing at fedoraforum.org? Clint?

I have an account, but not real standing. I'd suggest we get someone
like Scott Williams (aka vwbusguy) who hangs out there IIRC.

Cheers,

Clint

Old 02-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Larry Cafiero

As the new Ambassadors correspondent for FWN, I'm putting something in this week and probably next. So hopefully the throngs that read it will come.

Larry Cafiero