Old 01-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Máirín Duffy

Default expand the user base by ... pointing people in the right direction?

Michelle Thompson wrote:
> I'm wondering what some thoughts out there are on maybe trying to point
> this tweeter in the right direction. I am more familiar with
> communications, and less familiar with the technical side (so I'm not
> qualified to help). Just wondering if we would encourage user help in
> social media channels.
>
> [or, if anyone has a pointer -- help docs? a mailing list? an IRC
> channel? a wiki page? ... I can try an @reply to this person .. .]

sudo yum install make -y

is what he is looking for

in the future, this sort of thing can be looked up with yum
whatprovides, like this:

[duffy@hellokitty ~]$ yum whatprovides make
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
make.i386 : A GNU tool which simplifies the build process
for users

~m

Old 01-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Jason Benedict

+

Jonathan Roberts wrote:

[or, if anyone has a pointer -- help docs? a mailing list? an IRC channel? a
wiki page? ... I can try an @reply to this person .. .]

Would suggest pointing them to:

http://fedoraproject.org/get-help

Or if you want to point them straight at IRC:

#fedora on irc.freenode.org

Or if straight at a mailing list:

fedora-list@redhat.com

Thoughts?

I'm not really on many social networks like Twitter, kind of surprised
people use them to discuss stuff like Fedora in 100 and something
characters! I'd hope that anyone who uses them and sees something like
this would do exactly what you've just done and try to point them in
the right direction, not sure there's anyway we can formalise this.
Unless someone wants to do something like start monitoring #tags?

Jon

--
Best Regards,
Jason

Old 01-30-2009, 06:40 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 05:33:38PM +0000, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> > [or, if anyone has a pointer -- help docs? a mailing list? an IRC channel? a
> > wiki page? ... I can try an @reply to this person .. .]
>
> Would suggest pointing them to:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/get-help
>
> Or if you want to point them straight at IRC:
>
> #fedora on irc.freenode.org
>
> Or if straight at a mailing list:
>
> fedora-list@redhat.com

There's also the unofficial help forums at http://fedoraforum.org/
which is used by many thousands of people.